Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Refreshed Model X Deliveries in July

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
S production starts in 2Q and ramps to full capacity in 3Q while X starts ramping around that time and by inference gears up to full capacity in 4Q. Now I don’t expect to see my new X on the east coast until 1Q22. Sad, but at least now planned roadtrips will use free supercharging for the extra stops and longer charging times in the old X.

Ordered mine in January before the announcement. I’m hoping to get mine in July but Elon did not sound confident that all the problems they had been having were now solved. Until they actually start delivering some S's at least, all bets are off

What a joke. So those of us who's leases are coming up soon and need a replacement car are just... What..??? SOL? My X lease is up in September and I had fully intended on getting another one but holy hell Tesla... Why does this company suck so horribly at delivery timelines?

Now what do I do? Rhetorical question... Simple answer, either Tesla has a car for me when my lease is up or... I'll buy something else from another manufacturer and they'll lose a sale. Not complicated, just really annoying.

Jeff

I would definitely get an order in now if you want a car in September
Having been a Tesla customer for a LONG time I can assure you there won't be a Model X for me in September whether I order today or not... Q1 2022 seems to be the most likely but by then I'll be a former Tesla customer and will no longer be interested.

Maybe one of these days their sheer incompetence will catch up to them, but I've been thinking that for 5 years or so now and still, record numbers. Clearly there are still plenty of people so enamored with the cars themselves (and they are awesome cars) that nothing else matters.

Jeff

Yeah, hopefully, the tax credit is in effect by then. Put in our order right after the announcement. Good thing we don't need the car that urgently.
There will be no tax credit enhancement, full stop. That entire thing is media fantasy. There is neither any political will nor impetus for such a ridiculous and unnecessary addition to the national debt, now that EV's are proven, moving into the mainstream. The accomplished their goal. Move on.

Having been a Tesla customer for a LONG time I can assure you there won't be a Model X for me in September whether I order today or not... Q1 2022 seems to be the most likely but by then I'll be a former Tesla customer and will no longer be interested.

Maybe one of these days their sheer incompetence will catch up to them, but I've been thinking that for 5 years or so now and still, record numbers. Clearly there are still plenty of people so enamored with the cars themselves (and they are awesome cars) that nothing else matters.

Jeff
Stock says most valuable car company. Right.... The day is coming when the old guys are going to compete and Tesla's downsides will get the best of them. No way they will replace say Toyota AND VW AND GM AND Ford And all makers as the #1 quantity seller in 10 years like the market thinks. Ain't going to happen and a 8 month 'refresh' proves it.

They should have kept making the old until ready with new. Right now the ONLY thing I would miss from the refresh is the heat pump. Not a fan of SO many things in the refresh, I would happily order the old one if I could get it in 4 weeks. (don't like or care about yoke, missing turn signals - Hate that idea - missing PRNDL stalk, smaller battery, less range! , unexpected 10k price increase, PS5 in back, missing chrome) So can wait 8 months for a heat pump? And Did they address the shudder??? Not impressed at all.

Why am I getting an X? 2 reasons. 1 SC chargers are the ONLY real choice in Northern Wis and going to the U. P. Still not good, but EA is pathetic here yet. 2 FWD are cool AF!

Last edited:
Can't wait and not that impressed with refresh changes other than heat pump and maybe the noise canceling audio. Maybe.

Just bought a used 3020 made 9-20, so very late maybe even H battery with 371 miles. Saved 19k over new price (10k increase on new helps there) 7880 miles and 7 months old so pretty like new.

Plus have actual Mercedes Bends switches for turn signals!!! Big plus.

And after shipping it 2k miles, I will still have MONTHS ahead of a refresh. Also get vetted model with limited problems VS being a beta tester for a refreshed model. Feeling pretty good right now.

I’m tempted to look for a 2020 LR and call it a day!!!
Yup! That's what I did. A 2020 LR+ is soon to be mine. What I would have ordered, and got FSD for 'free' and got the old price (10k off current new).

BIG advantage is live 3 hours from the SC. Rather not be an early adapter for a new model as if takes this long to produce afraid I would spend too much time getting repairs. A well sorted outgoing model is probably better for us anyway. I thought the new was going to be a new dash and heat pump. That wouldn't have taken 6 months+ so there is more going on.

Last edited:
Can't wait and not that impressed with refresh changes other than heat pump and maybe the noise canceling audio. Maybe.

Just bought a used 3020 made 9-20, so very late maybe even H battery with 371 miles. Saved 19k over new price (10k increase on new helps there) 7880 miles and 7 months old so pretty like new.

Plus have actual Mercedes Bends switches for turn signals!!! Big plus.

And after shipping it 2k miles, I will still have MONTHS ahead of a refresh. Also get vetted model with limited problems VS being a beta tester for a refreshed model. Feeling pretty good right now.
Nice choice. After these delays I am happy that I didn’t wait last year. I bought a new 2020 LR++ (H-battery) in late September. I waited until after battery day. In January I was a little disappointed to have missed the refresh. But there was no way I could wait a year for the X. LR++ is solid, great range, and Raven suspension rocks. I am sure the 2021 will be awesome for those who wait, I couldn’t. BTW you can check your battery version behind the RF wheel. If made 9/2020 you should have the H. What’s the 100% range?

There will be no tax credit enhancement, full stop. That entire thing is media fantasy. There is neither any political will nor impetus for such a ridiculous and unnecessary addition to the national debt, now that EV's are proven, moving into the mainstream. The accomplished their goal. Move on.
This is 100% correct. Plus Democrats will never do anything to help Elon or Tesla, both of which are pre examples of capitalist success.

I see I said I got 3020 model, I am getting a used 2020 of course.

Anyway, I am going to keep my RN. I loose the $100 if I cancel now or later, so who knows. Maybe the refresh will be so late it will get 4680 cells with over 400 mile range, fix the shudder, silent interior with the new sound canceling. I can sell the one I just bought in 6 months if all this comes to be and I just LOVE new one after I get an actual TEST DRIVE on the yoke *sugar* and missing stalks. Sure loose some$$$ if sell this one, but as the 2nd buyer, I'm getting a better deal already, so not loosing as much. And Tesla's hold there value crazy high, right?

Also, I will get to see WHEN I would have been bless by Tesla with a new car this way. Not thinking before November at this point. Just a guess, but S Plaid first, S LR next, X Plaid next, ME and my X LR finally late fall. Just a guess, nothing to back it up other than ZERO cars coming right now, and plaid before LR and S before X. Pretty disapointed for the most valuable car company in the world.

..... My X lease is up in September......

I was in the same boat as yours last Dec hoping that the refreshed Model X will be available as my lease was ending. I extended my lease on a month on month basis. Tesla will give this as an option about 25 days before your lease is up. Kept on hunting for a Raven in their inventory and bought one when a showroom display model popped up. That was the 3rd month of my lease extension. I set up a lease hand-in appointment coinciding with my MX delivery and it was pretty smooth. So, just putting it out there that extension is an option for you as well...... that helped me a lot to calm my anxiety down 🙂. Good luck.

Reactions: EBossHoss and BM3B
Nice choice. After these delays I am happy that I didn’t wait last year. I bought a new 2020 LR++ (H-battery) in late September. I waited until after battery day. In January I was a little disappointed to have missed the refresh. But there was no way I could wait a year for the X. LR++ is solid, great range, and Raven suspension rocks. I am sure the 2021 will be awesome for those who wait, I couldn’t. BTW you can check your battery version behind the RF wheel. If made 9/2020 you should have the H. What’s the 100% range?
Mine was delivered 9-22-2020, so RIGHT on the bubble for G vs H battery. He is in L.A. so west coast delivery should have been short time from manufacure date. Going to ask him to take a picture of the battery sticker. Hoping for H!!!!!