Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Refreshed Model X Deliveries in July

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see I said I got 3020 model, I am getting a used 2020 of course.

Anyway, I am going to keep my RN. I loose the $100 if I cancel now or later, so who knows. Maybe the refresh will be so late it will get 4680 cells with over 400 mile range, fix the shudder, silent interior with the new sound canceling. I can sell the one I just bought in 6 months if all this comes to be and I just LOVE new one after I get an actual TEST DRIVE on the yoke *sugar* and missing stalks. Sure loose some$$$ if sell this one, but as the 2nd buyer, I'm getting a better deal already, so not loosing as much. And Tesla's hold there value crazy high, right?

Also, I will get to see WHEN I would have been bless by Tesla with a new car this way. Not thinking before November at this point. Just a guess, but S Plaid first, S LR next, X Plaid next, ME and my X LR finally late fall. Just a guess, nothing to back it up other than ZERO cars coming right now, and plaid before LR and S before X. Pretty disapointed for the most valuable car company in the world.
I did the same, got a 2020 LRP (October), after the giving up on the refresh. I also canceled my RN and got my $100 back in one business day...along with a text from the sales rep asking why I canceled. I sometimes wish I kept it, if only out of delivery date curiosity.

I was in the same boat as yours last Dec hoping that the refreshed Model X will be available as my lease was ending. I extended my lease on a month on month basis. Tesla will give this as an option about 25 days before your lease is up. Kept on hunting for a Raven in their inventory and bought one when a showroom display model popped up. That was the 3rd month of my lease extension. I set up a lease hand-in appointment coinciding with my MX delivery and it was pretty smooth. So, just putting it out there that extension is an option for you as well...... that helped me a lot to calm my anxiety down 🙂. Good luck.

No thanks. By the end of my lease my tires (second set mind you which is absolutely ridiculous by itself) will be darn near close to needing replaced and I'll be damned if I'm going to spend another $1500 on new tires for a "few" months of usage.

It's really quite simple, either there is a brand new Model X for me to start a new lease or there isn't and I buy something else from another manufacturer. I'm not playing Tesla's game anymore, period.

Jeff

Reactions: Pacernow
No thanks. By the end of my lease my tires (second set mind you which is absolutely ridiculous by itself) will be darn near close to needing replaced and I'll be damned if I'm going to spend another $1500 on new tires for a "few" months of usage.

It's really quite simple, either there is a brand new Model X for me to start a new lease or there isn't and I buy something else from another manufacturer. I'm not playing Tesla's game anymore, period.

Jeff

Good luck and definitely your choice ! Here is on of my previous posts on why Tesla has to earn the business. All the Best !! Hope it works out and there is a Model X for you at the end of your lease.

Agree about the tyre wear. I had taken my Model S to a wheel works shop to get rid of some curb rashes and when they removed the wheels, the tread in the inner sides were worn-out and the metals linings were showing. Had to put new tires on. So, when I returned the car after the lease, it was a brand new set of tires. I think the Model X runs thru faster in terms of tyre wear.

Jeff
Tesla’s growth is not in the high end; those of us who bought previous S/X vehicles were useful idiots- Tesla never made any margin on the cars, they just created enough buzz and a proof point to accelerate the advancement to mainstream 3/Y/2 cars.

Point is they won’t miss you.

now the question is whether or not you will be able to stomach an inferior product. Go test drive an Audi or Mach-e; if you can live with the range, make sure you include a charging station experience in your drive.

I have come back around for exactly this reason. Good luck.

Reactions: avesraggiana
Tesla’s growth is not in the high end; those of us who bought previous S/X vehicles were useful idiots- Tesla never made any margin on the cars, they just created enough buzz and a proof point to accelerate the advancement to mainstream 3/Y/2 cars.

Point is they won’t miss you.

now the question is whether or not you will be able to stomach an inferior product. Go test drive an Audi or Mach-e; if you can live with the range, make sure you include a charging station experience in your drive.

I have come back around for exactly this reason. Good luck.
One, I don't really care what the powertrain is. Sure, EVs are a blast to drive but I also own a 40ft motorhome and need a toad so the Jeep I'm eyeing looks like a great fit.

Two, I'm well aware of how charging works regardless of the EV brand/model and honestly I almost never travel farther than the round trip range anyhow so in other words, don't care. My best friend is getting a Mach-E, can't wait to see that in person.

Three, I totally get Tesla doesn't care about it's customers and they make that known every step of the way. I get they won't miss me directly but I'm doing everything I can to talk people out of buying from this corrupt and incompetent company and I'm up to roughly 15 people now (and who knows how many they've potentially talked out of a Tesla) so while I agree I don't matter, scale does. Clearly my massive personal influence is going to impact sales any quarter now. /s

Funny enough, as much as I hate Tesla the company, I'd lease another Model X because the cars themselves are so amazing which I realize completely contradicts the three points I just made. Hell I even tell the people that I've talked out of purchasing a Tesla that I'm a giant hypocrite or an addict, not sure... Or as I've often said, love the cars, hate the company.

Jeff

Funny enough, as much as I hate Tesla the company, I'd lease another Model X because the cars themselves are so amazing which I realize completely contradicts the three points I just made. Hell I even tell the people that I've talked out of purchasing a Tesla that I'm a giant hypocrite or an addict, not sure... Or as I've often said, love the cars, hate the company.
+++++

Beautifully said.

I‘ve left and come back to Tesla four times (2x MX, 1xM3P, now 1xMY; I have a terrible car problem).

Going back to the gas station was a one year annoyance, so we temporarily solved it with a BMW i3. Then on a whim, test drove the MY and my wife was sold. We tow and road trip with our new Ram 1500, and there’s just no comparison to any other vehicle for that purpose. With the MY delivery set for this weekend, the fleet feels complete, at least for now.

We did a ton better resale-wise on the M3P than we did on the MX; obviously a lower base to begin with, but the sting of the poor resale on those cars (vs other Teslas, not peers) along with the hassle of the FWD rid me of my affair with the MX.

Reactions: jeffro01
Having been a Tesla customer for a LONG time I can assure you there won't be a Model X for me in September whether I order today or not... Q1 2022 seems to be the most likely but by then I'll be a former Tesla customer and will no longer be interested.

Maybe one of these days their sheer incompetence will catch up to them, but I've been thinking that for 5 years or so now and still, record numbers. Clearly there are still plenty of people so enamored with the cars themselves (and they are awesome cars) that nothing else matters.

Jeff
Legion are the people who still think that Elon Musk is Jesus Christ returning. For all their shortcomings, and there are a few (no overhead grab handles, not much storage space, chintzy feeling interiors), I am enamoured of my Teslas, but I’m not enamoured of Elon Musk.

Elon Musk can’t do everything. He shouldn‘t do everything.

If Model X base price for the Long Range drops again down into the $80k range I'm going to order one and, if listings are any indication, sell the '21 LR+ at a depreciation cost per mile of approximately $0.01, although I doubt it'll still be at zero/negative depreciation by the time that happens in what are we thinking, 2024?

But until then, I'll be staying away. I'm sure they'll get to the point they were at before when I ordered of 2.5 months or so from order to delivery, and that's where you want to be ordering a thing from a pricing and incentives perspective, in general - their flexible pricing can be a blessing and a curse but we got the blessing end of the deal. IF I'd paid $100k+ for an equivalnt 2018 X I'd be irritated with the depreciation already too. I tried the $100 speculative car reservation thing with Cybertruck and gave up.

FWIW, after 6 months and 6000 miles the ICE cars we still have do not annoy me. I still enjoy aspects of them the Model X doesn't offer. But we have pretty rad ICE cars, and a truck. If I was comparing this thing to a Highlander or some other vanilla people pod I'd never shut up about how awesome it is, and from a performance perspective the LCI cars are going to be way, way more impressive

Any updates on when the refreshed X will be delivered? I ordered mine right when refreshed was announced with delivery expected in April, now its been changes to September. I heard the delay was that Tesla stills needs government approvals on many of the items and software--anyone hear anything?

I’m guessing first deliveries on X's will be in early August and those will likely be the Plaid version. Long Range probably shortly after that. My order now shows September and I ordered 1/24.

If Model X base price for the Long Range drops again down into the $80k range I'm going to order one and, if listings are any indication, sell the '21 LR+ at a depreciation cost per mile of approximately $0.01, although I doubt it'll still be at zero/negative depreciation by the time that happens in what are we thinking, 2024?

But until then, I'll be staying away. I'm sure they'll get to the point they were at before when I ordered of 2.5 months or so from order to delivery, and that's where you want to be ordering a thing from a pricing and incentives perspective, in general - their flexible pricing can be a blessing and a curse but we got the blessing end of the deal. IF I'd paid $100k+ for an equivalnt 2018 X I'd be irritated with the depreciation already too. I tried the $100 speculative car reservation thing with Cybertruck and gave up.

FWIW, after 6 months and 6000 miles the ICE cars we still have do not annoy me. I still enjoy aspects of them the Model X doesn't offer. But we have pretty rad ICE cars, and a truck. If I was comparing this thing to a Highlander or some other vanilla people pod I'd never shut up about how awesome it is, and from a performance perspective the LCI cars are going to be way, way more impressive

Out of curiosity, what ICE cars do you have?