TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

First RHD delivery in UK March 2014 - Elon Musk to delivery himself

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by hileyms, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Doug N

Doug N New Member

Yep!

2. jontracey

jontracey Member

yep I got one, horrible tease :)

3. VintageMark

VintageMark Member

Annoyingly we have plans for the 7th... would have been nice! All down to location and times now.... any chance the launch will be in Bristol? ;)

4. Alan

Alan Member

Over on the Tesla Motors forum it mentions that Elon + Talulah Riley will be at the event to hand over cars to the first 5 owners. Anyone here?

Not sure if I am going or not - its great for the first 5 owners but cant help think I will be somewhat envious.

5. Dan43

Dan43 Member

Any links please Alan I can't find any information on the location, time of this handover, nothing from Tesla in the inbox either or is it a invite only do?

6. hileyms

hileyms Member

I was in contact with Tesla a few weeks ago and I was told that if you are registered on Tesla database then you would get an invite - I have had nothing yet so maybe my info was wrong

7. arg

arg Supporting Member

I'm in their database twice - once as a pre-order enquiry and (under a different email address) when I placed my order.

I normally get everything in duplicate, but I only got one copy of the 'save the date' email - to my 'owner' email address.

OTOH, that's hardly an invite as such - it doesn't say where or what time. Maybe the actual invites will be sent out more widely.

8. Johnwill

Johnwill Member

9. Action

Action New Member

Does anybody know where this event is going to take place in the UK? Do you need an invite as I'm not a Tesla owner (yet)?

10. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

"London" is what Elon said at yesterday's AGM, but nothing more specific than that.

11. Rheazombi

Rheazombi Member

Gahh I want to go! I've never been to London before but I am randomly there now. Would be a shame to miss it :(

12. jontracey

jontracey Member

its at the crystal on saturday at 3pm - invite only for model s customers

13. arg

arg Supporting Member

The invites are out, apparently to owners only; you won't get in without one, though some of the action apparently takes place "outside". It's at "the crystal" in Royal Victora Docks. Maybe a plea to [email protected] might get you one?

Note that from the following monday they are exhibiting and holding test drives round the corner at Canary Wharf (Canada Sq).

14. Dan43

Dan43 Member

Tesla FB page has a photo from 2hours ago, seems Elon is doing the rounds with BBC etc, wonder if any of the first 5 owners are on these pages or has anyone found anything else about this?

15. iannwales

iannwales New Member

Just been to event, brilliant afternoon, Elon presented the keys to the first five, unfortunately I'm the 6th tomorrow morning at ten. Looking forward to the drive home.

16. Dan43

Dan43 Member

Nice, anyone famous in that first 5 as promised last year (Richard Branson etc was mentioned) just curious.

Good luck with tomorrow, hopefully your car or the first 20 or so have some form of something extra to mark them out as the first ones for the UK market.

17. smudger7

smudger7 Member

E L James (author) was one of the lucky 5, ask the other half she knows her books :)

18. Dan43

Dan43 Member

Just did and she ran out of the room screaming, not sure why?

19. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

I assume her Model S was grey? :)

20. nwarddrfc

nwarddrfc Member

Which shade lol

Congratulations to any one who has or is lucky enough to be getting one i am very jealous of all of you, maybe one day i may get a chance to have one even gen3 going to florida in oct may try get a test drive hehe