Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First RHD delivery in UK March 2014 - Elon Musk to delivery himself

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over on the Tesla Motors forum it mentions that Elon + Talulah Riley will be at the event to hand over cars to the first 5 owners. Anyone here?

Not sure if I am going or not - its great for the first 5 owners but cant help think I will be somewhat envious.

I was in contact with Tesla a few weeks ago and I was told that if you are registered on Tesla database then you would get an invite - I have had nothing yet so maybe my info was wrong

I'm in their database twice - once as a pre-order enquiry and (under a different email address) when I placed my order.

I normally get everything in duplicate, but I only got one copy of the 'save the date' email - to my 'owner' email address.

OTOH, that's hardly an invite as such - it doesn't say where or what time. Maybe the actual invites will be sent out more widely.

A recent post on the LinkedIn Tesla page says...

"Tesla Motors Coming to the UK in seven days: Right hand drive"
2d7c478e-e8f3-11e3-a5f9-22000ab926d3-large.jpeg

http://www.linkedin.com/company/tesla-motors

Does anybody know where this event is going to take place in the UK? Do you need an invite as I'm not a Tesla owner (yet)?

The invites are out, apparently to owners only; you won't get in without one, though some of the action apparently takes place "outside". It's at "the crystal" in Royal Victora Docks. Maybe a plea to [email protected] might get you one?

Note that from the following monday they are exhibiting and holding test drives round the corner at Canary Wharf (Canada Sq).

Nice, anyone famous in that first 5 as promised last year (Richard Branson etc was mentioned) just curious.

Good luck with tomorrow, hopefully your car or the first 20 or so have some form of something extra to mark them out as the first ones for the UK market.

Nice, anyone famous in that first 5 as promised last year (Richard Branson etc was mentioned) just curious.

Good luck with tomorrow, hopefully your car or the first 20 or so have some form of something extra to mark them out as the first ones for the UK market.

E L James (author) was one of the lucky 5, ask the other half she knows her books :)