Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Road Trip - Houston to Austin and back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's my understanding that if the cars are close enough, even the lead car gets an advantage, just not as much.
Perhaps we need cooperative adaptive speed control with the cars all talking to each other to coordinate speed and lane changes.
Officer: Do you realize how fast you were going?
Front car: For the last mile, I was going 77.3 mph. The vehicle behind me was traveling between 77.0 and 77.6 mph.
Front driver: Quiet, you.
Rear car (after opening roof and raising speaker volume): My numbers agree within 0.1mph on all 3 metrics.
Rear driver: You too!
Front and rear car: Sorry, sir. Temporarily muting officer interaction module.
Officer (raising voice so rear driver can hear): Gentlemen, drop it a few so you're within 5 of the limit please. Clearly your vehicles are well under control, so I'll let you off with a warning this time.

Public Charging in Austin

For those of you who are planning to visit Austin, you may not be aware that the City of Austin owns the local Electric Utility (Austin Energy). As such they are the only ones who can legally charge for electricity within their jurisdiction. They do offer a discount card (Plug-In EVerywhere $25 for 6 months unlimited charging) which might save some money.

See Austin Energy Public Charging Stations for locations.