Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First road trip tomorrow! Family is excited to be using the 3, not the ICE van

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I obvi don't know the intricacies of Canadian law or its constitution. Just found it interesting when I did a quick search for this "Canada Day" and realized it wasn't quite "independence" as I thought of it for the US.

If another country can intercede in your governing - even if they never choose to do so - I'm not sure I can call that an independent and sovereign state. Jmo. Why not just make it official and kick this GG out? Dump the Queen's tea into the harbor and burn an effigy of one of her poofy hats. That should do the trick.

If there's no King George to tilt against is it really all that pressing? It's been a largely amicable path (internal head butting more than anything), different from the US - UK history (and even Australia - UK history) for a number of reasons. After all there's always the potential for outside forces messing with a government (there's been talk of such in the US for a couple years, maybe you've heard about it? :p). So, again, in practice Canada has been de facto sovereign nation for all of living memory, more-so than some countries that on paper are more sovereign. The GG role is a piece that makes things work, for transitions. It'd kinda be a PITA to figure out the specifics of the replacement and not particularly clear there'd be any actual benefit.

Really the process of the Constitution was, as much as anything, having an explicit Constitution at all rather than relying on a labyrinth of implications from very old laws cobbled together with tradition and jus commune. It sealed off some old legal paths that we didn't really want open (look up War Measures Act, for a mind blow) and solidified explicitly what's the equivalent of US Bill of Rights and the basic ground rules of the relationship of the Federation (Federal gov to Provincial govs). There was some important centuries overdue reconciliation between Quebec and the rest of the country to work out, and that was part of it.

Why are you living in TX? Not asking for anything too personal, just something like "job", "spouse", "Canada sucks", etc. haha
Combo of the first two, just how it things happened worked out. Indefinite ex-pat. You'll find Canadians in a lot of places around the world like that.

Frankly I'm a human of the world, I'm not so big on borders and tribes.....which is somewhat at odds with the views of some of the locals when they're in fist pumping mode. But at the end of the day the number of people that never remember they're human, even when reminded, is thankfully less than appears at times.

Anyway, enough derail from me.

The chrome is physically damaged now, it's been scraped by the window and I have worked out an appointment with the service centre on Friday. They already said will replace it if needed. The errors are also a concern usually, they come in batches like no ABS, emergency braking disabled, no regenerative braking. I've also seen no the airbags error and unable to charge.

The interesting thing was my car got delayed one week to early June because of a software issue, I'm wondering if these errors have been showing up since then.
Did they ever push that software update to you that you were waiting for it will you just have it done at service? I also am having some software issues and was promised an update within 24-48 hours over the phone but am yet to receive anything.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, I’m sure they will take care of you. Good luck and keep us updated. Thanks.

Did they ever push that software update to you that you were waiting for it will you just have it done at service? I also am having some software issues and was promised an update within 24-48 hours over the phone but am yet to receive anything.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, I’m sure they will take care of you. Good luck and keep us updated. Thanks.

Thanks! I'm going tomorrow morning to drop the car off...already asked for a Tesla but seems they sold them all! I'll get an ICE car :(

I'm sure they will push the latest update while there and review a few items we've found since getting the car but it's been solid in just over a month of having it. Planning the next mini road trip this month already ha.

So I dropped off the car and got a rental A4 2018. I got to say I'm very disappointed with the A4, if this is the competition for the Model 3 it's already over, hands down the 3 kills it at least in my mind in every way.

I'm really now hoping to get the car back soon, I'm missing my 3!

So I dropped off the car and got a rental A4 2018. I got to say I'm very disappointed with the A4, if this is the competition for the Model 3 it's already over, hands down the 3 kills it at least in my mind in every way.

I'm really now hoping to get the car back soon, I'm missing my 3!
The only true competition for the Model 3 is the Model S lol.

Update on my car, still being looked at by Telsa and now including engineering in California! More tests needed which isn't a great sign and the lady I talked to said it's maybe something they've never seen before with the 3! I asked about changing my loaner to a Tesla and was told Model 3 gets a Model 3 loaner but none available of course so it's gas. She was going to look into it and "try" in this case because it's looking like days more in service.

Update on my car, still being looked at by Telsa and now including engineering in California! More tests needed which isn't a great sign and the lady I talked to said it's maybe something they've never seen before with the 3! I asked about changing my loaner to a Tesla and was told Model 3 gets a Model 3 loaner but none available of course so it's gas. She was going to look into it and "try" in this case because it's looking like days more in service.
What's your VIN? I'm just curious if you have one of the earlier production numbers.

I live 2 miles from the SC so hopefully that helps but I personally drove back with the loaner that I was dissatisfied with and requested a different loaner without any phone call. It happened to be a Monday at about 5:45 pm and they had loaners all over their parking lot. They gave me a better loaner in minutes.

If the SC is relatively close I’d just show up and see if they have loaners available on the lot (which you should be able to quickly see by yourself) and if they do return your car and request a different one.

• Informative
Reactions: Falkirk
I live 2 miles from the SC so hopefully that helps but I personally drove back with the loaner that I was dissatisfied with and requested a different loaner without any phone call. It happened to be a Monday at about 5:45 pm and they had loaners all over their parking lot. They gave me a better loaner in minutes.

If the SC is relatively close I’d just show up and see if they have loaners available on the lot (which you should be able to quickly see by yourself) and if they do return your car and request a different one.

It's nowhere near that close but good to know it's possible. I'm just complaining about the A4 if it was the car I could only drive but temporarily so I'll live. Although twice now I'm cutting just around the car (I have a tight garage) and almost burned myself on the exhaust pipe!! It sticks out just enough and wearing shorts you'll find out pretty quickly where it is!

Tesla said the tests should be done tomorrow, I'll see if I get my car back for the weekend or not. If it drags into next week I'll be looking for Tesla loaner. ;)

So Tesla will order parts and it'll take a good week more it seems so I asked for another loaner and got a Tesla Model S 85D! It's nice but it still really makes me miss my 3, feels like a step back and just way too big for day to day driving.

Loving not having a gas loaner now! Just hoping they can find the issue and fix it but they are treating it seriously and will stick with it until it's right I am getting that good feeling.

• Informative
Reactions: ℬête Noire
So Telsa got the parts today and the chrome trim piece! Also had an update showing the firmware is now running v2018,24.7. The Tesla app also updated and I can now refer others for prizes too!

Driving the S with ap1 is similar but I feel safer using ap2 now that I've tried both. It seems to ping pong more and hugs one side or the other too often for my taste!

The S also uses so much energy, it just drops going around for errands it seems compared to what I got used to with the 3.

No ETA yet but it should be getting close to ready I would think.

Reactions: ℬête Noire