TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

First Road Trip with X - mixed feelings

Discussion in 'Model X' started by caesartheday, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Anzir

Anzir Supporting Member

I loooooved Knight Rider as a kid. Episodes are available on CBS All Access so I pulled up my favorites. Wow, that was some horrible acting/scripting/ production. But still cool!

2. dethman

dethman Member

there's an interesting point. if you are caravan-ing with family, you can't keep up because of the charging requirements.

• Like x 1
  3. Raechris

Raechris Member

4. caesartheday

caesartheday Member

OP here. First of all - thanks to everyone who chimed in - your posts definitely helped in resetting my expectations and adjusting my Vegas comeback planning. Left Sin City with about 80%...enough to get me to Yermo at about 10% - provided I drove like my mom (65 MPH). I don't think so. Baker was just at the right point on the trip to make a pit-stop. By the time the kids went potty and we bought some snacks at the Shell next to the Supercharger - the 10 minutes at the "electron pump" gave me enough juice to last to Yermo with a nice 25% reserve - that allowed me to hit the road pushing 80-90 on the uphills. Yay for instant acceleration.
    In the meantime I found out that Yermo supercharger is right at the Eddy World - a candy emporium! Not stopping there would be just good parenting...but that's not me either so we stopped to refuel with ice-cream and gummy bears. By the time the kiddos finished their cherries on top of the sundaes, Moneypenny (yes, that's her name) was again ready to hit the road. Got home at about 6% battery. A much better experience than going to Vegas - perhaps because of weather being a much much cooler 103 (instead of 118). Good thing for them seat warmers, am I right?

• Like x 3
    • Love x 1