Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Road Trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

srnewby54

OD 8/18 |MYLR7 |Blu/Bl |19 |MO I DD 3/7
Jul 23, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Took our first road trip with our 3 month old Model Y LR this past weekend. A total of 900 miles in 3 days through MO, IA, and IL. Absolutely no issues with navigation or superchargers. The only minor challenge we had was that the two superchargers we stopped at on Sunday (Hannibal and Columbia, MO) were almost at capacity by the time we pulled out. Needed amenities (restroom and food) were available at each of the superchargers we used. As easy as this trip was, we will definitely be taking the Model Y on more road trips. soon

Took our first road trip with our 3 month old Model Y LR this past weekend. A total of 900 miles in 3 days through MO, IA, and IL. Absolutely no issues with navigation or superchargers. The only minor challenge we had was that the two superchargers we stopped at on Sunday (Hannibal and Columbia, MO) were almost at capacity by the time we pulled out. Needed amenities (restroom and food) were available at each of the superchargers we used. As easy as this trip was, we will definitely be taking the Model Y on more road trips. soon
I was also in Columbia Mo a couple of times this past week. Station on Broadway had plenty of chargers available while I was there and Road tripped from L.A. to Columbia Mo., longest road trip to date since receiving my M3P, exactly 1 year ago, today. Left L.A. on a Wednesday morning and arrived in Kansas City, Mo. on Friday evening. Made 2 overnight motel stops along the way, one in Richfield Ut and the 2nd one Limon, Co. b4 arriving in KC Friday eve. My niece was getting married in KC so stayed there til Sunday then it was off to Columbia where I have more family.
Overall, it was a great trip, no issues along the way other than lots of charging stops mostly due to my heavy foot. Did all of my driving during the daylight so charging rates were more expensive but I knew that going in.
Will be looking forward to more, long road trips now that I know that this car and the charging network is more than capable of getting just about anywhere (in the US) without issue. 💪🏽👍🏽

Edit: Columbia Missouri, not South Carolina.

Last edited:
Great vehicle for road trips right? I recently went on a road trip and out in the wop wops I lost connectivity so no more Spotify and no voice directed navigation. When I made it back to the edge of civilization these issues still weren't resolved so I pulled over and did a reset pushing the 2 scroll wheels, and navigation came back.