Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First S85D sighting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this is the first sighting of a production S85D in the wild, but right now there's a newly-built white S85D at the Hawthorne supercharger:

image.jpg

The VIN is 5YJSA1H20EFP68286. That seems to decode to an 85D. Probably good news for folks waiting for the first 85D deliveries.

Also next to this car there's a regular 85 and a red P85D that seems to belong to a very special someone:

image.jpg

image.jpg

The VIN is 5YJSA1H20EFP68286. That seems to decode to an 85D. Probably good news for folks waiting for the first 85D deliveries.

I find it interesting that this car has a higher sequence number than my 85D order (67071) and also still sports a 2014 VIN. Yes I know they don't make cars in VIN sequence number order.

If this car has the 2 bucket back seats instead of the bench it also has an incorrect VIN. The 1 in the VIN should be a 3 for that. So I'd guess they put a different rear seat setup just for the car show than what the car was built with.

The most current up to date VIN decoding that Tesla has filed with NHTSA can be found here:
ftp://ftp.nhtsa.dot.gov/mfrmail/ORG9130.pdf