Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

first scratch/scuff, only 3 weeks old -- detailer suggestions in Bay Area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doh. Only 3 weeks on the car, and already my first scratch/scuff right across my back bumper. Didn't notice it until today when I washed the car. It still feels smooth to the touch, so not too bad - but I'm sure something is there.

I just moved out to the area so I don't know of any shops and their reputations. The only one I consistently hear about is Joe @ Orinda Auto Detail. But, that's a bit far from me unless everyone feels super strongly about taking it up to Joe. I was hoping for something in the peninsula or a little further south on East Bay.

FWIW- Suggestions I've seen are:
  • Five Star Auto Detailing
  • Auto Platinum Detail
  • Auto Concierge (Bob Willis)
  • Immaculate Reflections (Jeff McGoveran)

Anyone have any suggestions or had experience with these or others? I'd sincerely appreciate it. Thanks!

IMG_20140219_110550.jpg

Last edited:
Doh. Only 3 weeks on the car, and already my first scratch/scuff right across my back bumper. Didn't notice it until today when I washed the car. It still feels smooth to the touch, so not too bad - but I'm sure something is there.

I just moved out to the area so I don't know of any shops and their reputations. The only one I consistently hear about is Joe @ Orinda Auto Detail. But, that's a bit far from me unless everyone feels super strongly about taking it up to Joe. I was hoping for something in the peninsula or a little further south on East Bay.

FWIW- Suggestions I've seen are:
  • Five Star Auto Detailing
  • Auto Platinum Detail
  • Auto Concierge (Bob Willis)
  • Immaculate Reflections (Jeff McGoveran)

Anyone have any suggestions or had experience with these or others? I'd sincerely appreciate it. Thanks!

View attachment 43690

Have Joe do it then apply OptiCoat.

I used Five Star Auto Detailing once probably about 5 years ago just to do general interior/exterior details on two cars. They were pretty good, not excellent (I'd say a solid 4 stars), but it was my first time using a mobile detailing company rather than an actual shop, so my expectations may have been too high.

Try some polishing compound yourself; that might do the trick. Just get a small tub of the stuff and a microfiber towel. No need to go to a detailer until you've tried that first. I've used it on my MS and it almost completely removed a small scuff.