TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

first scratch/scuff, only 3 weeks old -- detailer suggestions in Bay Area?

Discussion in 'California' started by gnychis, Feb 19, 2014.

1. gnychis

gnychis Member

#1 gnychis, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    Doh. Only 3 weeks on the car, and already my first scratch/scuff right across my back bumper. Didn't notice it until today when I washed the car. It still feels smooth to the touch, so not too bad - but I'm sure something is there.

I just moved out to the area so I don't know of any shops and their reputations. The only one I consistently hear about is Joe @ Orinda Auto Detail. But, that's a bit far from me unless everyone feels super strongly about taking it up to Joe. I was hoping for something in the peninsula or a little further south on East Bay.

FWIW- Suggestions I've seen are:
    • Five Star Auto Detailing
    • Auto Platinum Detail
    • Auto Concierge (Bob Willis)
    • Immaculate Reflections (Jeff McGoveran)

Anyone have any suggestions or had experience with these or others? I'd sincerely appreciate it. Thanks!

IMG_20140219_110550.jpg

2. GasDoc

GasDoc Member

Sorry to hear about the scuff.

Topline Auto in Burlingame can help you out. They do a lot of high end detail work.

3. JPP

JPP Active Member

Have Joe do it then apply OptiCoat.

4. tenstringer009

I used Five Star Auto Detailing once probably about 5 years ago just to do general interior/exterior details on two cars. They were pretty good, not excellent (I'd say a solid 4 stars), but it was my first time using a mobile detailing company rather than an actual shop, so my expectations may have been too high.

5. TylerCA

TylerCA Member

Autoconcierge is quite pricey. I prefer Immaculate Reflections as I do not see a difference in the end result and he costs less.

6. Crispix

Crispix Member

Try some polishing compound yourself; that might do the trick. Just get a small tub of the stuff and a microfiber towel. No need to go to a detailer until you've tried that first. I've used it on my MS and it almost completely removed a small scuff.

7. gnychis

gnychis Member

Thanks guys! Despite the distance, I'm going to take it up to Joe since I want to have it Xpel/Opticoated anyway and he's dealt with so many Teslas now. He should have it down to a science.

8. JPP

JPP Active Member

...over 200 and counting...