Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First service experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had my model S for over three years now, and apart from a few minor issues at delivery that a ranger came and fixed, nothing has ever not worked on the car until yesterday.

I live more than 200 miles from the nearest service center, so this is potentially a problem.

At my first stop on a planned 1500 mile road trip (to Oshkosh, WI) my driver’s side door handle failed to present. This is especially annoying because I have the car, including the front passenger seat, full of luggage and camping equipment that I now have to climb over.

I spent the night about 280 miles south of Chicago, and called the service center in Highland Park first thing in the morning.

Jen, the service advisor, asked me for a 30 minute “heads up” so they could make a spot in their busy schedule.

I showed up when expected, and they took the car back immediately. Then they handed me the key to a loaner and told me where restaurants were.

By the time I finished lunch, the car was fixed, washed, and charging on the supercharger. For me to continue my trip.

I know there have been complaints and grousing about service experiences, but I have literally no idea how they could have done a better job for me.

This was as good a service experience as humanly possible. I can enthusiastically recommend Jen and the team at the Highland Park service center.

Highland Park is great. Jen is great too. The city is nice and has great cultural attractions (Ravinia, unique beaches, gorges, and parks). That's my local service center and I think each location varies a lot in their approach. HP service is comprised of former (mainly) German luxury car company service staff (Porsche, BMW, M-B, etc.). I like their professionalism and I've also had an issue pop up and had them work me in seamlessly.

Enjoy Oshkosh! I suspect you're there for the air show?

• Informative
Reactions: Joe F