TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

First service experience

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Ruffles, Aug 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ruffles

Ruffles Member

#1 Ruffles, Aug 7, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    Hi everyone. After about 2 weeks of ownership of my CPO X90D, there were a couple of minor things I wanted service to look at. My nearest service center is 250 miles away so Tesla sent their Ranger Service. It was GREAT! My technician Matt arrived at the agreed time of 7:30 am and spend a couple hours with me discussing and addressing my concerns.

This was an entirely difference service experience than what I've had in the past. Being a car nut, I always like to watch/talk to techs but most brands won't allow me in the service area and don't permit direct contact with the technician. Matt, on the other hand, explained exactly what he was doing, how to take the door panels apart, tips/tricks, etc. He allowed me to help with some of the repairs and we had a great time talking about technology and cars in general.

Even though some of the repairs couldn't be completed (need to have a lift to replace the front axles etc.), he verified my concerns and helped arranged to have them resolved at the SC. There was no pressure to dismiss them and say it's within spec etc. Not only was I impressed but when my neighbors asked why there was a Tesla truck at my house and I explained how service comes to me if I need them, they were impressed too.

This is a great example of Tesla properly managing expectations and turning a negative into a positive. In contrast, the first time I had to have service on my BMW i3 (2 days after buying it), I had to argue with them about even providing a loaner! This was such a completely different experience that I felt the need to tell you about it :)

• Like x 5
    • Love x 3
    • Informative x 1
  2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Wow, almost look forward to mobile service now! We're so close to the SC (20 miles) we will probably not see one usually though! :D

Excellent writeup, thanks for sharing!