Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Service on 2017 MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, after a bit over 4k miles, received warning that the air suspension has an error and needs service. Called Tesla and logs pulled. Appears there is a blockage in one of the lines. Blue Ash is closest store, but my call was directed to Columbus as the techs in Blue Ash are actually out in California for training this week.

Upon request, Columbus store is sending down a flatbed and loaner tomorrow.

I already use TeslaFi for logging and tracking of drives, so I should be able to keep track of just how many miles service drives my car; I've read a number of posts here where cars have been taken on joy rides :-(

As this is my first dealing with Tesla service, appreciate any insights...

• Informative
Reactions: Rouget and Gt1948
Well, after a bit over 4k miles, received warning that the air suspension has an error and needs service. Called Tesla and logs pulled. Appears there is a blockage in one of the lines. Blue Ash is closest store, but my call was directed to Columbus as the techs in Blue Ash are actually out in California for training this week.

Upon request, Columbus store is sending down a flatbed and loaner tomorrow.

I already use TeslaFi for logging and tracking of drives, so I should be able to keep track of just how many miles service drives my car; I've read a number of posts here where cars have been taken on joy rides :-(

As this is my first dealing with Tesla service, appreciate any insights...

Take extensive pictures of the car right before they load it onto the flatbed. Tesla damaged my car and claimed it wasn't them. After a long fight they gave in and said they would repair it.
Also they will disable mobile access when the car reaches the service center so you won't be able to track it via the app. Take a picture of the odo before they pick up the car, but you shouldn't have any issues with tech's taking your car on a joyride since they've probably already driven P100D's which are (no offense) more exciting than your car.

• Informative
Being that I have read so many "bad experience" stories regarding service, I plan to document my experience in hopes that it will be great!

As stated earlier, the suspension alert disappeared late yesterday, so I contacted service. As they reported seeing various messages in the logs, they recommend keeping appointment so a full inspection could be completed.

As promised, Tesla called in the morning to confirm loaner on it's way.

Few hours later, Red Model X with white interior in driveway, friendly tech quickly processes paperwork, walk-around both cars to notate any visible issues, my car loaded on trailer and off to service while I drive Model X to work. Man, for those who DO NOT have the white interior...the white interior is BRIGHT WHITE :)

Model X observation; The front wind screen is capital H huge! The more I drove, the more I liked... In fact, it reminds me of the glass roof on my model S. Seeing all the obvious "common" components between X and S, got me wondering...could they possibly be using the same glass for both applications???

As of this post, my car is at Tesla in Columbus, OH.

Update from Tesla Service - Service manager called me around 5:30 PM.
Left rear strut appears to have leak. Unit ordered for over-night delivery.
Software update applied along with a bit of lube on driver side mirror along with diagnostics to ensure browser speed is in spec along with WiFi reception, as it appears rather poor.
So, I'm still driving along in the Model X with hope I will get my Model S back this Friday.

Being that I have read so many "bad experience" stories regarding service, I plan to document my experience in hopes that it will be great!

As stated earlier, the suspension alert disappeared late yesterday, so I contacted service. As they reported seeing various messages in the logs, they recommend keeping appointment so a full inspection could be completed.

As promised, Tesla called in the morning to confirm loaner on it's way.

Few hours later, Red Model X with white interior in driveway, friendly tech quickly processes paperwork, walk-around both cars to notate any visible issues, my car loaded on trailer and off to service while I drive Model X to work. Man, for those who DO NOT have the white interior...the white interior is BRIGHT WHITE :)

Model X observation; The front wind screen is capital H huge! The more I drove, the more I liked... In fact, it reminds me of the glass roof on my model S. Seeing all the obvious "common" components between X and S, got me wondering...could they possibly be using the same glass for both applications???

As of this post, my car is at Tesla in Columbus, OH.

While I own a Model X we have had a Model S P100D loaner and driven the S before. I find that going form the X to S is a bit rough. You get so used to the extra visibility and room that I felt like an old man getting in/out of the S and the upward visibility (or lackthereof) drove me crazy. Glad to hear it's being repaired.

• Informative
Reactions: Rouget
Totally agree Xtek.

In fact, the X i have includes the "Easy Exit" feature, which, at last check, my MS doesn't yet offer in the SW. I solved this by creating a driver profile named "Exit".

The enjoyment I am feeling from the windscreen on the X really caught me by surprise. Having been a convertible driver for the past 10 years, I miss the open air and visibility.

Now, for the update - phone call last night stating part had been sourced. Confirmation phone call this morning stating part received and installation in progress.

Reactions: Gt1948 and Rouget
Totally agree Xtek.

In fact, the X i have includes the "Easy Exit" feature, which, at last check, my MS doesn't yet offer in the SW. I solved this by creating a driver profile named "Exit".

The enjoyment I am feeling from the windscreen on the X really caught me by surprise. Having been a convertible driver for the past 10 years, I miss the open air and visibility.

Now, for the update - phone call last night stating part had been sourced. Confirmation phone call this morning stating part received and installation in progress.

The MS absolutely does have the Easy Exit feature as long as you. have 2017.46 or higher.

I've had recurring problems with air suspension warnings but Tesla has been unable to find any problem. The last few months I was getting the warning every time I drove the car until... I changed to winter tires. Haven't had the problem since.
I'm thinking that putting it in "jack" mode to change the tires reset whatever sensor was confused. I don't think the winter tire set (Tesla OEM) would make any difference.
Sounds like you have a definite problem that they are fixing. I'll just have to wait to see if it comes back again.

• Informative
Reactions: Rouget
Update - Car has been returned to my place of business; very nice!
Visible inspection - all looked acceptable.
Lucky for me, the delivery team noticed I had left my bowling ball bag in the Model X and alerted me prior to leaving.

All items mentioned have been addressed
Car was cleaned (inside/out) too

Of course, the real test will be after a few drives, so this isn't the final update...

jjh1234: Current version 2017.46.8...I will look again for the easy exit option :)

It could be your loaner isn't using a driver profile. You need to be using a driver profile and have "use Easy Exit" or something to that effect checked. Then you actually have to save the Easy Exit profile. Then it should work. Bit of a pain just to drive a loaner for a few days.

Reactions: Gt1948
Update - Car has been returned to my place of business; very nice!
Visible inspection - all looked acceptable.
Lucky for me, the delivery team noticed I had left my bowling ball bag in the Model X and alerted me prior to leaving.

All items mentioned have been addressed
Car was cleaned (inside/out) too

Of course, the real test will be after a few drives, so this isn't the final update...

jjh1234: Current version 2017.46.8...I will look again for the easy exit option :)

I'm glad it all worked out for you. I'm a Redleg guy myself, transplanted to Chicago. I picked my car up in Blue Ash.... and Supercharge there quite a bit. All of the service experiences I've had have been overall satisfactory, and the ones that weren't were handled overly well. They're trying very hard, and I give them credit for that. I've read a lot of the horror stories, but my service center has been far from those experiences. My guess is that they either have some bad apple employees that need an attitude adjustment or the customer with the horror story needs an attitude adjustment. Typically you'll catch more flies with honey.........

Glad it worked out.

-Andrew