Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Service Visit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So finally after 3 months I got my 1st Service visit to fix the few cosmetic issues from delivery.

- Get my Goddamn floor mats and trunk privacy shelves.
- Frunk alignment and frunk trim slightly sticking out on one side.
- Right Repeater Camera not flushed.
- And left rear tail light (one on the trunk) is sticking out when the trunk is closed compared to other piece of the tail light (the one with the charger port)
- Later I added an item for them to look into the infamous 35-40MPH slight shudder. (I knew they will do nothing because it is very subtle but I just wanted to document it just in case )

so as expected, All the issues came back within spec!!! I was expecting this so I asked what do you mean within spec, there is piece of trim sticking out on side under the frunk? they said that is normal!! so I laughed at them and said can you share this within spec document? I want to see if the tolerance is 1" :), of course they did not share this mythical spec document.

The shudder issue was not reproducible of course by them even they drove my car for 50 miles!!! I can do it in half a mile. so next time I will escalate this to the manager because a 50 mile is not a test drive!?!? I never had a caddy, BMW , Audi , or Porsche driven more than 5 miles when testing something, otherwise I will get a call and authorize a longer drive.

But yay I got the floor matts and and the missing pieces so that is a win!! and ended up taking the car to a body shop who fixed the concerns I have for 2 hours worth of work and I still love the car but I agree most Tesla SC are useless from what I saw so far.

Reactions: Cheburashka
It took me many visits, but my 2018 Model S bought from a friend got:
  • Floor mats
  • console sliding door replaced (scratched up)
  • driver and left passenger metal interior door trim strips (dented) replaced.
  • Worn though at corner, driver door pillar "leather" trim replaced
  • MCU2 upgrade (not much upgrade for 2018) to fix yellow edge that UV didn't help much with. This led to a failed driver display that took an inexplicable month to replace without being able to see speed or anything else.
  • Replace headlamp due to failed LED segment.
  • Wiper blades.
  • Brake fluid, air filters, AC dessicant (probably wasted some money there)
  • Replace scratched sport pedals.
  • Replaced scratched door sill plates (first tried illuminated and found them unrealiable - don't bother)
Outside the service center:
  • Tesla USB drive
  • Tesla remote connector
  • Abstract Ocean LED cabin light replacement and logo projector under door (blue in footwells).
  • Aftermarket wheel restoration
  • Dent service
  • Major paint restoration and interior detailing
Happy I did all of that, and it more than added the value by making a used car into my new car.

It took me many visits, but my 2018 Model S bought from a friend got:
  • Floor mats
  • console sliding door replaced (scratched up)
  • driver and left passenger metal interior door trim strips (dented) replaced.
  • Worn though at corner, driver door pillar "leather" trim replaced
  • MCU2 upgrade (not much upgrade for 2018) to fix yellow edge that UV didn't help much with. This led to a failed driver display that took an inexplicable month to replace without being able to see speed or anything else.
  • Replace headlamp due to failed LED segment.
  • Wiper blades.
  • Brake fluid, air filters, AC dessicant (probably wasted some money there)
  • Replace scratched sport pedals.
  • Replaced scratched door sill plates (first tried illuminated and found them unrealiable - don't bother)
This is the definition of warranty as they should fix your broken car, nothing special at all.

With Tesla, having paint on all painted surfaces is a definite plus. Expect panel alignment and unevenness similar to a 1960 Chevrolet. Tesla has difficulty programming their production robots to tight tolerances and repeatability of tasks, like good, consistent paint application.

Actually the paint and the rest of the car was perfect (expect the few things above). maybe I got the good workers shift.

My PPF guy was impressed with the paint when I dropped the car the first day after delivery.

Reactions: DerbyDave