Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dethman

Apr 19, 2018
socal
Taking mx in for a myriad of issues as mentioned in my other thread. Waiting in line for about 20 min now for service advisor. Tesla not exactly endearing me to their brand right now...

2v9ra4n.jpg

^looks like we have a similar taste in cars, nice Porsche. Tesla is not Porsche. Don't hold you're breathe on having your issues solved. Document EVERYTHING. I've initiated a buyback. The last 3 weeks have been a disaster and they keep getting worse. My car may have been in some sort of accident / incident at the Tesla facility as its been resprayed.

Reactions: GayForEllon
That line is too long and you should not have this issues but.

That is about the same line as my local BMW dealer. My loaner was an old beat up 3. The list of problems on my M was way too long. The best was when I showed the dealer the speedometer was not working - I pointed at the speedo and showed 30 mph. The service guy said "how do you know it is off?" I responded with "your standing next to me with the door open."

The line is shorter at the local Porsche dealer but as slow. Luckily they got tired of trying to get the ignition switch to work after several visits and replaced the whole assembly.

I hope they get the issues fixed for you because the X is the most fun car I own.

What is less hot and cooks dinner, does laundry? A Volvo?

Tempted at all to make a switch?

I hope I never get to the point of less hot and crazy. I can always hire someone who can cook and clean.

After a couple of expensive crazy hot Ducatis blowing engines at thunder hill, I bought a BMW HP4. Fast but not hot or crazy. I am back with Ducati.

What is less hot and cooks dinner, does laundry? A Volvo?

Tempted at all to make a switch?

we've had our MB ML350 for 5 years, bought it when I had my first kid. Since then it has been reliable as sh*t. Never had a creak or rattle. built sturdy as a rock (in alabama). Feels luxurious and comfortable inside. Taken it on at least ten or twleve road trips without a hiccup. Plenty of space for 4 and cargo. Daily driven to both kids' schools and wife's work every day and our family car on the weekends. No warranty issues in five years.

Since I got a new PV system and had extra energy, the MX was intended as an eventual replacement to cut gas costs and to have 7 seats for grandparents. After driving it though, it seems more like a beta test tech toy than a reliable vehicle. Yes, it is fun to hit the gas and open some falcon doors. I am not denying that. Ultra white seats? There's something to one up the joneses next door. But can I rely on it for the next 5-7 years with my family? It's already in the shop (advisor says a week) within the first week and a half of ownership with so many issues. I saw two teslas on flatbeds in my community today. What the heck what is going on with quality control in this company.

I'll be honest, I am sort of regretting the purchase, not because the car is not fun (i have my leisure car for that), but it is a reliable daily family shuttler/grocery go getter without having to be towed or having to spend hours/days at the service center over the next few years. I'm not so sure of that right now. They don't even have loaner vehicles most of the time, SC is so busy. (advisor says you have to get there 8AM otherwise you won't be getting one.) Tough to be without the kid shuttler while Tesla figures out why my passenger door is grinding.

But I already bought it, so I honestly hope that the company can change my mind with good service, quick fixes and a reliable vehicle, but after two months dealing with Tesla quirks from order to ownership, I'm not holding my breath. :(

I'm definitely not sure that the tesla can become a long term, stable and reliable vehicle. I'm hoping it can, but it's really hard to say. I want to drive it into the ground, but I need to see if it passes the test of time. California seems terrible for their service centers, as far as your line and waiting how long it takes to get things serviced. It seems like tesla isn't ready for the masses. I think my local SC is getting worse as well. I'll be PISSED if I don't get a tesla loaner though, at any point in time. We'll see how it goes. I feel your pain. I know a lot of people locally (at least with a model S) that have had their cars and had no issues. I don't know if the X is significantly worse.

• Helpful
Reactions: Radonculous
They lyfted me back to the service center to get a loaner, process was smooth and efficient. Actually quite nice. Appreciated that. Enterprise tesla loaner. Props to them for that.

I actually like this loaner MS more than my MX. Looks nicer, rides smoother, faster, handles better, and more fuel efficient. I actually had an MS on order before the wife convinced us to get the MX because of the kids. I guess im more a fan of cars than suvs.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA and TexasRat
Wait, so first they said there were none and gave you an uber ride away. Then they lyfted you back later w/ a loaner? Did you complain? Did they reach out to you and take the initiative? Seems like a pretty good attempt at customer service there.

Wait, so first they said there were none and gave you an uber ride away. Then they lyfted you back later w/ a loaner? Did you complain? Did they reach out to you and take the initiative? Seems like a pretty good attempt at customer service there.

yeah, they were out of loaners. wait list was 10 deep or so, i put my name on the list. didn't get back to me that day. texted them later (didn't complain) asking when one might be available, they said they would arrange a ride for me back at 8am the next day and a car would be ready. and it was.

Reactions: TexasRat
Taking mx in for a myriad of issues as mentioned in my other thread. Waiting in line for about 20 min now for service advisor. Tesla not exactly endearing me to their brand right now...

2v9ra4n.jpg

Why can't they sort this stuff out in the factory rather than pushing it on the consumer. Ugh.
This needs to get resolved.... when I get my pickup. :D

It's true, these cars should have never made it out of QC. But tesla is pushing deliveries for cash and neglecting quality IMO.

They just want the delivery and 'everything can be fixed later.'
Were you the one that accepted an inventory model because your delivery date was pushed back more than a month or so? If so, perhaps it was perhaps a defective inventory model? I don't know for sure, just throwing something out there to chew on.

Either way it doesn't matter. It's your car now and it has issues and they need to make it right. I hope they address everything in short order while you enjoy at least a tesla loaner!

Reactions: Radonculous
Were you the one that accepted an inventory model because your delivery date was pushed back more than a month or so? If so, perhaps it was perhaps a defective inventory model? I don't know for sure, just throwing something out there to chew on.

Either way it doesn't matter. It's your car now and it has issues and they need to make it right. I hope they address everything in short order while you enjoy at least a tesla loaner!

Yes i ended up with an inventory due to the delivery delay, and my wife and kids excited about a road trip. Certainly the thought crossed my mind that there was a reason the car was in inventory.

To be honest none of the issues are critical or disastrous, just lots of little things that are annoying and should have been fixed off the assembly line.

first update, re: first issue bluetooth disconnection every 10 seconds:

"Hi xx, our technicians have reviewed your vehicle logs and diagnosed the issue. This is due to a known firmware bug and has no permanent solution until a firmware update is released in the near future. We have provided a list of temporary fixes in the meanwhile, which you can review once the vehicle is complete and the invoice has been emailed to you!"

o_O

my phone is working without issues on my loaner though. great.