Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Signature and First Production Delivery in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I will be pissed! Why build the cars, tell us it is in transit, then further tell us it is being prepared for pickup or delivery, then be told after asking, "i don't know where your car is right now", when i might also have been pissed if it hadn't gone into production for another month or so and i then got all or some of the new features - that would have really sweetened the wait. As it is, i don't feel that i will be receiving a real sig, since it won't be fully loaded, as sigs are supposed to be, for the price. A reasonable time lag between production and delivery is 6 weeks, which is plenty of time for shipping and customs.

Got a call from Tesla US today. They have offered to rebuild my car with the new speed limit display and lane drift detection features. I was told it will go to the head of the production queue and my delivery date is not likely to be affected. I have no idea what they will do with the car they have already built and which is already in the country.

My recollection is that the Model S only takes about 3 days to build. Add an estimated 6 weeks plus for shipping and delivery could still be end of November. More likely early December in my opinion.

Of course, I have accepted their offer. Given that my delivery date is not going to be affected, I presume that a delivery date of late November was always going to be the earliest we would see the first batch of cars.

Got a call from Tesla US today. They have offered to rebuild my car with the new speed limit display and lane drift detection features. I was told it will go to the head of the production queue and my delivery date is not likely to be affected. I have no idea what they will do with the car they have already built and which is already in the country.

My recollection is that the Model S only takes about 3 days to build. Add an estimated 6 weeks plus for shipping and delivery could still be end of November. More likely early December in my opinion.

Of course, I have accepted their offer. Given that my delivery date is not going to be affected, I presume that a delivery date of late November was always going to be the earliest we would see the first batch of cars.

Good call - although they really didn't give you a choice if they won't deliver your already-built car which is here now. On form, I'd be surprised to see the updated car this year though.

I think pretty much all of us sigs have accepted the offer. Given the time frames, it made no sense not to. I took the opportunity to ask to change my order to include the black headliner. Since it was already 8 pm in California I will only hear back tomorrow if I was successful, but I am hopeful.
I consider this as compensation for the delays experienced to date.

I think pretty much all of us sigs have accepted the offer. Given the time frames, it made no sense not to. I took the opportunity to ask to change my order to include the black headliner. Since it was already 8 pm in California I will only hear back tomorrow if I was successful, but I am hopeful.

I wonder what will happen to my built car? Probably become an inventory car and or a demonstrator.

That's a great offer. Bravo Tesla. It shows they care about their customers.

Great news for all you early Sig holders - waiting almost 6 years for a superseded car to be delivered late November/December was never acceptable.

Its different if you had been waiting a few months for a standard car....

Its good to see Tesla ensuring that any issues were fixed prior to launch - Bravo Tesla (and I assume Stone).

I am relieved - I was starting to feel all your stress!

That is really positive news for the first ten(?) cars. It would have been pretty ordinary for the first sigs to be missing parts that the remaining sigs get because of the delays. I wonder if it means that remaining sigs may go through with this new batch?

I wonder what will happen to my built car? Probably become an inventory car and or a demonstrator.

I have a brilliant plan. Those of us on here who are totally obsessed with Tesla, but currently can't afford one, can be given one of the slightly outdated but build sigs, as a long term loan, until we can afford an S or a 3. That way we can continue to build brand and awareness in Australia, thereby convincing others to buy, so making money for the company long term. Who's with me?!

*crickets chirping*

Just me then?

Any of you early sigs interested in the upcoming 'D' news?
Thinking about it, given that the new features do not figure on the specs page in any market yet, and that they are part of a driver assist package, could not the current spec cars be the "D" referred to? As in : Model S, D type.
Yes we all know about the changes, but the wider world does not, at least not officially. So, a formal announcement event next Thursday could be appropriate, like a badly kept secret.

- - - Updated - - -

That is really positive news for the first ten(?) cars. It would have been pretty ordinary for the first sigs to be missing parts that the remaining sigs get because of the delays. I wonder if it means that remaining sigs may go through with this new batch?
I know of at least 17 sigs that have probably already been built..... Don't know how many more there may be....

OK, just checked my Dashboard. This has been reset to "order now". You need to go through the design process again, although most if not all of your previous selections are there already. It then comes up with a screen that tells you there is nothing further to do, and that the order will automatically be confirmed on 16?10. the only button available to click is the edit registration one, and it is very small. You need to click that so that you can then "confirm now".
at present, i am back to a registered number i.e. RN, but no VIN, and my car has been placed in the queue.
Wonder how long it will now be for the next few stages to unfold - VIN allocation, in production and production complete? We were promised immediate scheduling onto the line.
No evidence of the new sensors or steering wheel in the specs, but then, i think this is part of the announcement on the 9th.

Last edited: