Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Signature and First Production Delivery in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They haven't advised directly of any of the other delays to date, beginning with the termination of Jay in 2012 and the 1year deferment at that time. Then it was supposed to be end 2013. Then Autumn 2014, now, as you say, Spring 2014.

I think I can say that the impression all of us have is that the team on the ground in Australia are working very hard to make this happen. However, they are constrained particularly with respect to communications and most likely in relation to authority to enter lease/purchase/fit-out contracts for the real estate required for the service centres. The authority for those typically needs to come from head office and may not be priority for the senior management team or may not fit the form expected in the US and needs drawn out approvals?

I think they'll be pissed. But so long as they get their cars within the next 3-4 weeks, Tesla could argue they would have missed out anyway because of production and transit times.

Said another way, every post November 1st delivery should have the features. In October it is much less clear.