Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long have you waited before Tesla allowed your car to get OTA SW updates.

My 3/2 delivery Plaid is still at 2021.43.201 which I guess is a stable factory code but I have two annoying software issues that I hope they will be fixed in a new update:

- I always have a warning about the USB drive in the dashboard. Sentry and Dashcam works with no issues even with the error. I tried both Tesla OEM drive and a T7 Samsung with no luck as I always have "UI_a111 Dashcam USB drive not plugged into glovebox"

- (my OCD kicks in here) All my keys except the phone has a type of unknown (the type is on the second line of the key entry in locks, the name is good and matches what I set, but the type always say UNKOWN for all cards and the fobs.

Thanks.

Mine delivered 3/19 is stuck on that too.
I started a service ticket on the phone to see if they will push an update.

I have not seen any DashCam errors. But no idea if it's actually working since I don't see a Viewer on the firmware nor a button to Save.
The Format button does work. I have a 2nd SSD plugged in for music. Which is working good.

I forget what my Key Cards say. I'll try to check next time in my car.

Yeah I have a service request to get the missing parts (mats and trunk covers) and address the items from deliveyr (frunk alignment). I added this also to it, so we will see in 2 weeks what will happen.

I am curious if I tried the FSD subscription as I am planning to do a road trip this weekend and try it for a month, would that trigger them to push new code?

Mine delivered 3/19 is stuck on that too.
I started a service ticket on the phone to see if they will push an update.

I have not seen any DashCam errors. But no idea if it's actually working since I don't see a Viewer on the firmware nor a button to Save.
The Format button does work. I have a 2nd SSD plugged in for music. Which is working good.

I forget what my Key Cards say. I'll try to check next time in my car.
That is weird, if you are on same framework the dash cam app should be there under the Apps menu it was a known issue that was fixed with 2021.43.201 .

No clue what is going on with Tesla my friend. hope they will sorted out for you.

Do you see the UNKOWN Key under locks?

Yeah I have a service request to get the missing parts (mats and trunk covers) and address the items from deliveyr (frunk alignment). I added this also to it, so we will see in 2 weeks what will happen.

I am curious if I tried the FSD subscription as I am planning to do a road trip this weekend and try it for a month, would that trigger them to push new code?
Nobody seems to be getting FSD Beta these days.

I just got a response as I was typing this.

"You have the newest version available to it."

That might be accurate. Since they changed a few things on Refresh+ it may be on another "code branch" that is not on the mainstream branches (yet). Probably more likely to mot see FSD Beta for a while either (even if they were allowing it).

Does yours have the new headlights?

Nobody seems to be getting FSD Beta these days.

I just got a response as I was typing this.

"You have the newest version available to it."

That might be accurate. Since they changed a few things on Refresh+ it may be on another "code branch" that is not on the mainstream branches (yet). Probably more likely to mot see FSD Beta for a while either (even if they were allowing it).

Does yours have the new headlights?
I was thinking just the FSD not the beta one for in city auto steer.

I do not have the new headlight, I do not like the back of the new refresh ( too much 3 looking to me). I have Matrix LEDs on my other cars it is great (current lights are not bad either) but the look of the back was more important to me. I think my car with 2/12 production was the last to have the old lights and the radar which I know Tesla will kill soon but at least I have the hardware.

I was thinking just the FSD not the beta one for in city auto steer.

I do not have the new headlight, I do not like the back of the new refresh ( too much 3 looking to me). I have Matrix LEDs on my other cars it is great (current lights are not bad either) but the look of the back was more important to me. I think my car with 2/12 production was the last to have the old lights and the radar which I know Tesla will kill soon but at least I have the hardware.
I see. You probably have Radar too.

So you should probably be on the latest firmware.

I can see Refresh+ cars might be stalled for a bit. But it seems every new car gets stalled for a while. My last Model X updated while I was inspecting it. Friend with Model Y is stuck too.

Do you have the advanced software selection? Not sure about the exact name but there is an option in the aoftware menu to opt-in into the latest software, i think by default it is Standard which holds back update for a while so you are not an early adaptor.

Also it could be tied to miles, i just reached 700 miles on mine.

Hopefully you will get it soon

I did set it to advanced on day 1. I have resisted the “press advance 5 times in a row” urban myth out of principle. Currently at 2160 miles. Mine is an LR though, not plaid. Located in NC.

You could try this trick... As stated in the post, I don't know if it's why I got the update, but it's potentially worth the try! The "5 times in a row" trick didn't work for me, BTW :)

Reactions: Ash83