Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First song you played in your new Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The last few cars I have bought, I have "christened" the car by driving off the dealer lot blasting Back in Black by AC/DC...not sure why it started, but had the CD on me and it was a rocking song.

When my wife and I picked up our Model 3, I had made a USB playlist in advance, but I switched things up to surprise her. Instead of the original Back in Black, I found a "baby lullaby" cover version of it, played softly on xylaphone for newborn babies.

It was perfect because I was very nervous/timid driving a Tesla for the first time, and wasn't planning on tearing out of the dealership at 100 mph....but we gently crawled out of the warehouse to an acoustic AC/DC cover slowly played on xylaphone while my wife laughed.

Second song was Electric Car, by They Might Be Giants

Reactions: Rothgarr
I pick up my M3 (White/Black AWD LR) on Thursday, and I've narrowed the first song down to three choices:
  • "Enjoy the Silence" by Depeche Mode
  • "Pure Energy" by Information Society
  • Anything by Rush (they are my favorite band)

Happy Birthday! I strongly suggest Enjoy the Silence, it sounds awesome in the M3. You will notice things on that sound system you never heard in songs before

• Love
I'm fifty years old (just so happen that today is my b-day), but ever since I was seventeen and got my first car, I always thought it was special to what the first song you played in your new ride (regardless if it was new or used).

I pick up my M3 (White/Black AWD LR) on Thursday, and I've narrowed the first song down to three choices:
  • "Enjoy the Silence" by Depeche Mode
  • "Pure Energy" by Information Society
  • Anything by Rush (they are my favorite band)

What was YOUR first song that you played in YOUR Model 3?
I also love rush, but I can’t help but feel like Depeche Mode is a much more appropriate choice considering the 80’s futurism the cars seem to have.

I don't have my 3 yet, but I made a mixUSB of electric-themed songs when picking up my first used S. I can only think of a couple songs from it: "It's Electric" by Metallica and "Electric Avenue" by Eddy Grant were definitely included. I didn't save the playlist, and overwrote the USB with some Linux or DIY-NAS distro a while back.

I had also burned a CD-RW in the mid-2000s when picking up a new (Aussie import) Pontiac GTO (with Ronny and the Daytonas first, of course.) Back then, I considered its 0-60 (just a hair under 5 seconds was the best I could manage) was fast.

One of the best songs to show off the awesome sound system in the car!
Money for Nothing by Dire Straits

Tim
Anything from that album is good. They really raised the bar for production standards.

My first song was "Every picture tells a story" by Rod Stewart. Good old fashioned rock and roll. Ronnie Wood on guitar. I guess we are dating ourselves.

Anything from that album is good. They really raised the bar for production standards.

My first song was "Every picture tells a story" by Rod Stewart. Good old fashioned rock and roll. Ronnie Wood on guitar. I guess we are dating ourselves.

Good music is just good music!

My first song was the Tesla version of Signs, for silly reasons.

But the album I use to really evaluate a (car, surround sound system, pair of headphones etc) - is Dark Side of the Moon. It's not the best production but I've listened to it end-to-end so many times, I can pick out every little nuance. Claire Torry's voice especially tells the story for me.