Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First subpar Service visit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to Besthesda Service Center for my yearly maintenance with only one problem....... The GPS cut out on the Alpine NAV frequently. Well after five days the finally called me and said Work was complete. They apologized for the time delay but had to " fit my service between Model S services". I scheduled the service over 60 days ago.
The car came back with a new Alpine head unit and the NAV is working again....... Great....... But they didn't put the upgrade back in.......oh well no problem I'll buy another one.

The main problem centers around the inability to put the car in Preformance mode! The acceleration is now totally different. In any mode it hesitates about 10 to 15 seconds before accelerating ........ Unlike it did before the service. My old Audi TT had a turbo that kicked in a few seconds after flooring it ......... That is exactly what #992 feels like now. Not very reassuring in traffic. The Preformance Mode thing is really bad. Push the battery bar on the VDS and Range Mode lights up in white letters..... Push it again and Preformance lettering comes up in dark orange and doesn't turn to white letters. The letters did turn white for a few seconds once but went back to dark letters quickly. Acceleration is compromised........ Not in performance mode!

They also left the VDS in diagnostic mode because the temp bars register in "C degrees" now...... Which I actually like but don't know what that does to 992.

Calling Jonathan tomorrow. After four years this is the first problem but a scarey one for me! After reading blogs about the Service Centers not having techs that know anything about a roadster I am a little worried.

Another silly thing.......got two new rear tires. They pumped them up to 35 and not 40. Aren't they supposed to be at 40??

Last edited:
Calling Jonathan tomorrow. After four years this is the first problem but a scarey one for me! After reading blogs about the Service Centers not having techs that know anything about a roadster I am a little worried.

You must not have been around when the Model S first came out in 2012. Tesla planned very poorly for the Model S release and didn't expand the service centers nearly fast enough. Some techs told me they were working 80 hrs a week and couldn't keep up with everything. For a while there was no service at all unless your car wouldn't run, and even then you still had to wait. Phone calls and emails were rarely returned and instructions ignored (like don't change my wiper). Eventually things improved and we got used to phenomenal service again. Now it's faltering for some of the same reasons - poor planning by Tesla. Last year Watertown MA was scheduling non-emergency service 4 weeks out. This year it's closer to 6 weeks! The reason given is that Corporate has been too slow to approve new locations. That's the problem with a company that is growing by 50% per year.