Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Supercharge for our Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The MSP stays at 298-307miles on its own when plugged in for a week. Smart & Sophisticated :)

M

I agree with your plan to follow the advice as stated from Tesla. No offense to the posters on this or other forums but one repeated problem with forums is well meaning people offering opinions is they may be basing it accurately on an older Tesla with different hardware and software that may be different for new Teslas.

FWIW- I don't try to micromanage the battery AI. Instead, I take advantage of my free Supercharging with the model S. I drive it until it is down to 35-50 miles remaining and then charge at a supercharger until it hits 300 miles range ( car rating is 392miles). It just gets too slow after 300 miles. In one case I did receive a notice on my screen to charge to 100% to calibrate the Battery Management System to allow the navigation to chargers to be more accurate. So, I Supercharged to 300miles as usual and then came home and topped off at home.

I really don't drive it like some people so these Supercharge sessions are about one every 10 days. Once our country reopens we plan to do some long road trips so I will be using the highest charging speed session of the battery and doing more frequent stops. If we stay at a hotel with overnight charging, great but I'm not going to plan around that.