Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Taycan fire reported

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Again, knowing the ratio won't matter as we do know the average vehicle in the USA is over 11 years old and we know most are ICE and we don't know what part age, neglect, incompetent repair or modification plays into it.

Also a good many ICE fires are electrical in nature, one article I found suggested the Porsche Panamera fires are water causing an electrical short...............bit EVs don't have an electrical system that could fail right....

Again those of you who pretend ICE randomly burst into flames are just as dishonest as those who think EVs do, BOTH have their risks and challenges.

My point exactly - many ICE cars are very old. So bad things Should happen, like car fires, etc. The Taycans are relatively brand new. And there's only 130 of them out there. And one of them Already caught fire? Not good...

Even though I wouldn't ever want the Taycan, I am interested in following the story to find out the cause of the fire. I wonder how long it will be before even a preliminary report is done by the Fire Department. If it's something specific to the car, better for Porsche that it happens with fewer cars out there. Feel for the owners losing not only the car but the damage to the house. Too soon to say it's one of the pains of sometimes being an early adopter.