Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Tesla in Oz listed under $100K?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 218535

For laughs you can thank heaven that you didn't buy a BMW 7 series. I always laugh at those "best cars to buy for resale " type articles as I suspect they have agendas/paid sponsors. Call me a conspiracy theorist but I don't believe them. The highest depreciating car I've ever seen is a BMW 7 series. That should bring the BMW resale average unstuck just by itself. How would you feel buying a $400,000 vehicle only to have it worth $130,000 4-5 years later or $20,000 10 years later?!

There's one of these $400K cars on CS right now for $144K.
I think the average is less affected because they only sell a handful of 7 series a year. There just aren't enough suckers with that kind of dough.
The Model S seems to be a bargain as far as depreciation goes. I've had mine less than a year, but to buy the same car now would be another $30K, mainly due to AP price increase. Plus I've got unlimited SC and AP that works...

I think the real test with resale prices is coming with Model 3.

If all the rumors are true buyers will have a choice of a Model 3 with HW2 autopilot, HUD, 2170 cells and 3x supercharging... all priced under the LCT threshold..

I think it'll be very tough to choose a used Model S at current prices over a brand new Model 3 with all the latest tech. I'm guessing used prices will be heading down fairly soon (once M3 is fully revealed in July)

I think it'll be very tough to choose a used Model S at current prices over a brand new Model 3 with all the latest tech. I'm guessing used prices will be heading down fairly soon (once M3 is fully revealed in July)
It may not affect Australia prices that fast because of the unknown and expected lengthy time between first California deliveries and first Australia deliveries.

I've found that rebook values are complete fiction across the board. They valued my 928GT the same as and S4, which was a joke since there were only 23 GT's imported over 3 years vs a few hundred S4s. The GT was a manual, higher performance and much more sought after model. When they had the price guide there were precisely 0 advertised for sale.