Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Tesla - Model 3 SR+ Multiple problems since pickup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@jjrandorin I think this thread needs you again :)

I'm not dismissing anyone's complaints, but maybe your issues aren't as pervasive as you think and not everyone is a whiny millennial fanboy... Just a possibility
I don't think any issues should be "dismissed". Bottom line an issue is an issue, doesn't matter if I have one huge issue or five small ones, its not a good look when I have to take my brand new vehicle to the service center 5+ times in 2 months since pick up.

I agree. We picked up ours on 1/31 and frankly I've been very disappointed with both the service and the overall quality of this vehicle. I've been driving EVs for the last 8 years and never seen such quality snags as you see in Teslas. These are not cheap vehicles by any stretch of the word and they should not be having quality problems you'd expect to see on budget American rental cars. Clearly Quality Assurance is not doing what they are supposed to do at Tesla and I can only attribute it to the Laissez-faire attitude that millennials have these days about everything...half asleep, dismissive, and, frankly incompetent. I do not understand the severe cognitive dissonance fanboys have towards these cars. If the wheels fall off while on the freeway, they'll find a way to justify it.
Haha! You are too right! Some people cant admit when their favorite companies make a mistake. What they do not realize is that holding them accountable will only make them better!!! Stop accepting the half-ass quality assurance job!! Well said friend.

I never tried charging mine in the cold with 120V but I find it hard to believe that the combination of 120V and cold weather would produce a "normal" sound of a worn out dentist's drill. If that were the case, YouTube would be lit up with thousands of videos of screaming Model 3s... and this is the first time I've heard anyone reporting a sound like that.

Mike
Thanks Mike, I took my M3 to the service center last week and explain I would need to have "two pumps" replaced. Definitely not normal.

Honda's and Toyotas don't start at $45k and up. There are cheaper BMWs than a Tesla and you still get the excellent service if something goes wrong. So I'm not sure what expectations you are talking about.
I agree any other car company will have problems with new vehicles, but I would put large amount of money on the fact that any other car would not have half the problems my M3 has had.

Reading between the lines here you're more put off by the "experience" than the issues on the car. It sounds like they have fixed any problems you've reported? I mean that's all they can do. If you're looking for the red carpet experience, Tesla is not for you. The good news is, you can flip the car for profit. So if you're not happy with the car, just sell it and buy something else. No harm, no foul.
Where do you recommend “flipping” my m3lr? I only have 1600 miles on it.

Im currently looking into the same thing, IMO I would just list it everywhere and see what kind of bites you get. Hold firm with your price, these cars are backordered until May lol, charge whatever you want.

If I can help get in touch. I refer you to my experience and results here: Model 3 Customer cannon fodder & the right to full refund Dekra Report You do not have to keep dealing with a product that obviously has no factory checks once finished. Sometimes its just worth sending it back and getting a new one if you wish. Its evident in 2022 the same practises are going on regarding pre delivery checks. People need to really stop putting up with this from Tesla. Day one of car ownership should be a good one.