Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Tesla Model S in Bangladesh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mustahaque

Nov 19, 2013
Not my car but some brave sole in Bangladesh ported a Tesla Model S. Fist of it's kind in Bangladesh.
zenanu4a.jpg

According to Wikipedia Bangladesh motorists drive on the left and the country has a 240V power supply with multiple style plug points including those of the UK\Hong Kong. If it were me I would order one through Hong Kong, then its only 1500 miles to get it serviced. :)

I don't know the guy. Rumor has it he is a big shot Chairman of a Private bank here. It will stay in the port city Chittagong. As far as I know Bangladesh import rules has it that the car has to be ordered/imported from the country of Manufacturing. Also I doubt it will be a daily driver. Probably more of a weekend and holidays cruise around car. So don't know if it will be needing servicing that often.

I don't know the guy. Rumor has it he is a big shot Chairman of a Private bank here. It will stay in the port city Chittagong. As far as I know Bangladesh import rules has it that the car has to be ordered/imported from the country of Manufacturing. Also I doubt it will be a daily driver. Probably more of a weekend and holidays cruise around car. So don't know if it will be needing servicing that often.
As long as it has WiFi it will get the required updates.

He could install a simple 16A single-phase charging station and still use it.

Nevertheless, very cool he bought one!