TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

First Tesla Model S in Bangladesh

Discussion in 'Model S' started by mustahaque, Oct 6, 2014.

Tags:
  1. mustahaque

mustahaque New Member

Not my car but some brave sole in Bangladesh ported a Tesla Model S. Fist of it's kind in Bangladesh.
    zenanu4a.jpg

2. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Well-Known Member

3. Vger

Vger Active Member

Amazing! I was in India last February and wondered if I might see a "brave soul" with one there. I did not!

Any information about how they got it there and how they expect to get service? Through China?

4. Electroman

Electroman Active Member

How is he charging it? What is his usage pattern? how does he plan to service it ?

5. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

According to Wikipedia Bangladesh motorists drive on the left and the country has a 240V power supply with multiple style plug points including those of the UK\Hong Kong. If it were me I would order one through Hong Kong, then its only 1500 miles to get it serviced. :)

6. mustahaque

mustahaque New Member

I don't know the guy. Rumor has it he is a big shot Chairman of a Private bank here. It will stay in the port city Chittagong. As far as I know Bangladesh import rules has it that the car has to be ordered/imported from the country of Manufacturing. Also I doubt it will be a daily driver. Probably more of a weekend and holidays cruise around car. So don't know if it will be needing servicing that often.

7. widodh

widodh Model S 85kWh

As long as it has WiFi it will get the required updates.

He could install a simple 16A single-phase charging station and still use it.

Nevertheless, very cool he bought one!