Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Tesla Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, new to the forum, was hoping that some of you who’ve gone through or are going through the process can help me out. Yesterday ordered a performance white/white, which I’m seeing be often referred to as a “unicorn”. What can I expect for wait time? Advisor said within 3 weeks. Has anyone had experience with Tesla financing when you wait longer than 30 days? How did you move forward afterward? Thank you!

I cannot comment on Tesla financing as I did not utilize that for my M3 purchase. FWIW my white/white was 2.5 weeks from afternoon online order to delivery date.

Like woodrick said about the batches: maybe I got lucky and ordered during a specific batch for my spec.

Ordered a white on black P3D on Sunday 8/11... using Tesla financial with a trade in... still waiting for an update to see if they can do the 2 weeks.. the trade in price guaranteed only last 30 days though

Has anyone had experience with Tesla financing when you wait longer than 30 days? How did you move forward afterward? Thank you!

Tesla Financing does not work in my state, but I secured it through another bank at 3.39-3.59%. Now, early next week I will be out of 30 days of my financing approval. In CA you probably can find financing that is better than the one through Tesla … so, my advice, wait for financing application before you get your VIN and PO. … and study available financing options while waiting. PS: this implies your credit rating is good.

So I was going to do the trade too. But sold mine to Carmax. Get a quote from them they will match it. They gave me 1k more than Tesla offered.

I got a quote from Tesla too and took it to carmax to see the difference, it was 4K above what Tesla offered. Traded in it to get a better tax deduction compared to selling car directly to carmax. They said they honor the carmax price quote for 30 days. I read in forums it will get honored if they can’t get my m3 delivery within 30 days.

Tesla Financing does not work in my state, but I secured it through another bank at 3.39-3.59%. Now, early next week I will be out of 30 days of my financing approval. In CA you probably can find financing that is better than the one through Tesla … so, my advice, wait for financing application before you get your VIN and PO. … and study available financing options while waiting. PS: this implies your credit rating is good.

Speak with your financing company now, sometimes it can be extended by showing another recent pay stub or bank statement. They mainly just want to make sure your situation hasn’t changed...

Speak with your financing company now, sometimes it can be extended by showing another recent pay stub or bank statement. They mainly just want to make sure your situation hasn’t changed...
Yeah it seems that I might be having a completely opposite experience than everyone else. Lol. Not only was the financing through Tesla (US Bank) the lowest interest rate I found, Tesla also offered me $1500 more than Carmax for my trade-in.

Reactions: acarney
I got a quote from Tesla too and took it to carmax to see the difference, it was 4K above what Tesla offered. Traded in it to get a better tax deduction compared to selling car directly to carmax. They said they honor the carmax price quote for 30 days. I read in forums it will get honored if they can’t get my m3 delivery within 30 days.

I forget states are different in taxes. We have a max tax so if it’s 20k or 60k. Same tax.

Yeah it seems that I might be having a completely opposite experience than everyone else. Lol. Not only was the financing through Tesla (US Bank) the lowest interest rate I found, Tesla also offered me $1500 more than Carmax for my trade-in.

I also went with Tesla financial... got the lowest rates I can with Chase bank... since it’s what they offered in Phoenix

Reactions: sahs12

That's what I was planning to do, but things got even more complicated today since I got my VIN in the source code, and I paid my portion of the down payment on the car. It is even more peculiar that the APR went a little bit down over the past month, and it might be financially meaningful to reapply for the loan. I'll be fine anyway, but I can imagine someone who had the credit score in the range of 720-750 or so, and who may be really penalized or denied the loan on the second application.

That's what I was planning to do, but things got even more complicated today since I got my VIN in the source code, and I paid my portion of the down payment on the car. It is even more peculiar that the APR went a little bit down over the past month, and it might be financially meaningful to reapply for the loan. I'll be fine anyway, but I can imagine someone who had the credit score in the range of 720-750 or so, and who may be really penalized or denied the loan on the second application.

When did you place your order? Specs?

I set up my financing through Tesla about 2 weeks ago. They used US bank and I got a sub 4% rate when they were advertising 4.25% on the site. For the record I'm over 750 credit score. The only place I found cheaper than what I got was BofA who were advertising 3.25%. I didn't bother applying there though as it wasn't that much savings and I didn't want the additional credit check on my report.

I set up my financing through Tesla about 2 weeks ago. They used US bank and I got a sub 4% rate when they were advertising 4.25% on the site. For the record I'm over 750 credit score. The only place I found cheaper than what I got was BofA who were advertising 3.25%. I didn't bother applying there though as it wasn't that much savings and I didn't want the additional credit check on my report.

Yes, it seems that BofA has the best rate out of all the major banks. I kind of hate it, but I am using BofA. I've applied a month ago, so the rate they are giving me is 3.39%. I think that applying several times for the same type of loan within 1-2 weeks counts as a single application by credit score companies. I did hard applications with 3 different banks. You can try it.