Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Tesla! Preowned M3 Performance 12,500 miles but only charges ~295 miles.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, just pickup my first Tesla! Love it, preowned from a dealership with 12,500 miles. It is a 2022 Model 3 Performance , with advertised range of 340 miles. However, I got it back home yesterday and fully charged, got to 291 miles estimated so I tried again and have now fully charged again after a little drive but it won’t get up past 295 miles… is that normal? Maybe I have set something wrong?

Please find images attached

Really appreciate any advice. Cheers!
D34AB7C7-E920-4504-BA40-BBF68C0802C2.jpeg

Attachments

• 8FF58B9A-8E7A-44E9-9C67-640AAECA2F51.jpeg
    8FF58B9A-8E7A-44E9-9C67-640AAECA2F51.jpeg
    238 KB · Views: 112
battery_test.png

Here's my battery degradation report from TeslaFi for my 2019 long range AWD Model 3, starting maybe 4 months after I got it through today. You can see the logarithmic scale on the X axis. Basically no degradation (and a BMS recalibration I think) for the past year and a half or so. Also note that I changed my daily charging to max 70% over a year ago, as I typically use no more than 30-40% in a day and I want the battery to last as long as possible. At this point I have it charge from the grid in the morning, with a scheduled departure of 7 AM.

Factory rated EPA miles was 310, and I'm at 285, so about 8% degradation.

Upvote 0
View attachment 932356

Here's my battery degradation report from TeslaFi for my 2019 long range AWD Model 3, starting maybe 4 months after I got it through today. You can see the logarithmic scale on the X axis. Basically no degradation (and a BMS recalibration I think) for the past year and a half or so. Also note that I changed my daily charging to max 70% over a year ago, as I typically use no more than 30-40% in a day and I want the battery to last as long as possible. At this point I have it charge from the grid in the morning, with a scheduled departure of 7 AM.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
View attachment 932356

Your batt was a 77.8kWh when new.
You can loose capacity down to about 76kWh before the range drops so you have another 2% hidden before loosing range.

Your batt capacity is currently about 68.9 kWh, out of 77.8kWh.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Upvote 0