TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

first TESLA road trip from OC to Vegas without the Tesla

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Tdub621, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Tdub621

Tdub621 Member

Car has less than 800 miles and less than 1 month old. We charged the car up to 100 % for the first time in excitement and anticipation on our first Tesla roadtrip from OC to Vegas. We had our charging stops all planned out.
    Fast forward to the next morning as we were about to leave, the check air suspension warning came on stating that it required service immediately. So I contacted Tesla in Costa Mesa. They instructed us to bring the car in to get checked out. Then they needed to keep the car to figure out what the problem is. No loaner was available. So now we're in an Audi Q5 without tinted windows, baking in the hot sun on our firstTesla road trip without the Tesla.

The whole purpose of us driving to Vegas was to test out the Tesla super chargers and the autopilot features before going on further roadtrip.

Have you guys experienced similar issues with the air suspension? If so, how did you guys fix it? We tried both soft and hard reset but it didn't work.

2. OilSucks

OilSucks Member

That really sucks, I couldn't imagine doing that loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong stretch of highway from Barstow to Vegas without the AP system.

3. florida2017

florida2017 Member

There was a bad batch of some part on the air system . Something I heard. Car in local showroom had issue, part was in short supply.