Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Tesla - What do I need

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

About to buy my first Tesla - a model S 2018. Totally ignorant about what do I need in terms of apps / accounts etc to get going.

i.e.

1, Supercharging
2. Watching Netflix
3. Service centre

etc.

Many thanks in advance Spanish :)
1. Most likely, Supercharging won't be free. You'll just need to have a credit card on your account to cover charges. You might want to research home charging options as well since it's usually more convenient to charge at home.
2. You'll need a car with MCU2 (built after March 2018) to view Netflix. If the car only has MCU1 then you'd have to pay the equivalent of $2500 US to upgrade to MCU2. I don't know if they are upgrading cars in the UK yet but they will eventually.
3. You can search at www.tesla.com/findus to see local service centres.

You can create an account on Tesla's site and install the app but it doesn't really do anything until you add a car (or solar or Powerwalls) to your account.

First, read and view the manuals and self help resources and training videos on the Tesla website.

Second, consider getting a used car with a 4 year full warranty from Tesla, not from a 3rd party dealer.

Once you decide on the model and year, suggest EV-CPO.com to look up the options on the used cars for sale.

Reactions: EV-CPO
Hi

Thankyou, This is a Sep 18 car so includes NF. So I need to buy the car before I can register it. Maybe the dealer can do that.

Spanish
If you buy the car directly from Tesla, then it will be registered to your account when you take delivery. If you buy from a third party dealer, you can go online to your Tesla account and register it to your Tesla account yourself.