Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Tesla X or S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My X is about to go into production according to my DS. Delivery in June ? maybe.. don't know. Anyway, reading the forums is driving me nuts. This is my first Tesla and I love the company, loved test driving both the S and X , but.. im freaking concerned about the X issues. Please reply only if you own a X , would you still buy it ? or should I cancel the order and get a S instead ? In a perfect scenaria I personally think the X is a much better car overall. Easy access, love the windshield, the space inside fit and finish inside, everything. But to be honest.. if it will be issue filled car I much rather cancel and get the S. What do you think ? (owners only please)

I have a VIN 000807 Model X and it has pretty much been perfect. I had single issue once with the passenger side Falcon Wing door that was quickly fixed with a recalibration and hasn't caused me any trouble since. No problems with paint, window/door seals, drivers/passenger side door. It's having its third row replaced right now, which has been a great experience. Tesla came with a trailer to drop off a P90D Model S for me to use for the four days it would take them to transport it 188 miles each way to the closest service center. Just got confirmation today that they'll return my X to me tomorrow afternoon. Having driven an S, with no prior experience with a Tesla besides my X, I can easily say that I prefer the X. Bigger doors, easier to get in and out of due to height, motorized doors are a stupid awesome luxury. Falcon Wing Doors are light years better to get babies in and out of car seats. Bigger frunk. The contrast to the big X windshield is striking. There's more elbow room and the seats feel a little wider. I posted more of my experience here. They're both great cars and it seems like all the bugs are already worked out of the S. Newer owners will be able to tell you if they have perfect Xs, but I personally have absolutely nothing to complain about mine.

My X is about to go into production according to my DS. Delivery in June ? maybe.. don't know. Anyway, reading the forums is driving me nuts. This is my first Tesla and I love the company, loved test driving both the S and X , but.. im freaking concerned about the X issues. Please reply only if you own a X , would you still buy it ? or should I cancel the order and get a S instead ? In a perfect scenaria I personally think the X is a much better car overall. Easy access, love the windshield, the space inside fit and finish inside, everything. But to be honest.. if it will be issue filled car I much rather cancel and get the S. What do you think ? (owners only please)

I've driven lots of fancy German cars and bar none, my new X is my all-time favorite vehicle. Seal on passenger side small window needs repair and have appointment next week to repair. Outside of that, everything was perfect.

Highly recommend this vehicle.

I have a Signature X vin 0444 and have had only minor issues that have been corrected by the Service Center, some I didn't even know were a problem. Relax. Take a deep breath and relish the fact that you will soon have one of the greatest cars ever produced. Wait let me correct that, You will soon have one of the greatest Teslas ever produced, because it isn't just a car, it's a Tesla.

Reactions: electricity
We took delivery of our X a little over 3 weeks ago. We immediately took an epic road trip to Key West and shortly after we returned we needed to get a small rock chip fixed that was present at delivery. I've been driving a P90DL Model S all week. All I can say is I *almost* would rather be driving my LEAF. Model S is a pain to get into, it is a MAJOR pain to load my 15 month old son into his car seat, I have trouble parking it I guess because it is so low to the ground yet so long and wide.

Sure the ludicrous P90D feels like a roller coaster when you launch, but I can't wait to get our Model X back hopefully tomorrow.

Reactions: loganintx
Read all the same stuff you did and have reading the forums pretty closely. I'm a stockholder and tend to think as long as Tesla is making products people really love and demand is high things will be fine long-term. After reading tons of threads on MX problems, the feedback I kept seeing is "we have problems but the car is completely amazing and want it back from the SC ASAP." It's like people loved the car so much that they were willing to put up with what seemed like crazy problems.

Anyways, we ended up going for the MX - I think it's a once in a lifetime experience to own a car like this. Elon's right - no one is going to attempt or try to engineer something like this again.

My VIN is 32xx. I would absolutely do it again. The S is a nice car in it's own right, so if you'd rather have a sedan form factor, get it. But if you fell in love with the X because of its technology and innovation and performance all in the shell of an SUV, then the X cannot be beat. I have had zero issues with mine. I maintain that most of the issues were due to typical early manufacturing models and trying to rush too many out the door at the end of March.