Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First time Autopark use tonight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't really get the point of having it pull into a standard spot. Parallel parking sure, can be tricky.

For the Model S you can double click the park button to bring up the autopark for forward or back. When I back into the spot and its tight to open the door. I pull forward just enough that i can open my door. I double click park, the menu pops up with an arrow for forward or reverse. I hit the reverse arrow, grab whatever and then hop out. Once i close the door, it pulls back into the spot on its own. Pretty much summon without having to do anything but hit the arrow on the screen.

Not sure if the model 3 has this.

I don't really get the point of having it pull into a standard spot. Parallel parking sure, can be tricky.

I live in a low density area with large spaces and _still_ see people park over the line. I can imagine that in high-density areas with narrow spaces, many drivers would like help to park evenly between the lines. Particularly disabled drivers who often need those hash marks around their spaces to give them extra margin for error.

Reactions: Nocturnal
For the Model S you can double click the park button to bring up the autopark for forward or back. When I back into the spot and its tight to open the door. I pull forward just enough that i can open my door. I double click park, the menu pops up with an arrow for forward or reverse. I hit the reverse arrow, grab whatever and then hop out. Once i close the door, it pulls back into the spot on its own. Pretty much summon without having to do anything but hit the arrow on the screen.

Not sure if the model 3 has this.
Yes, now that one is kinda cool. I used summon the other day for the opposite reason basically.