TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

First time I've seen protective film on a Model 3 being shipped

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by sreams, May 27, 2018.

1. sreams

sreams Member

I saw this truck yesterday carrying Model 3s on Hwy 80 near Sacramento, CA (maybe delivering to the Rocklin store). One of the cars (but none of the others) had protective film on the front of it, just like S and X do when they are being shipped. A sign of things to come? 3s.jpg

2. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Sign of what to come?

3. fseir

fseir Member

Maybe it’s the lighting, but the side mirror also looks wrapped. Either that, or it doesn’t match the body color, which would be odd.

4. davidc18

davidc18 Active Member

I saw the same thing at the nashville service center a few days ago.

5. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

A lot of Model 3s that have come to Canada have been seen with the protective film.

6. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

Yeah I've seen a number of those transport on 5 and happily the cars were protected.. it's windy (even aside from the truck speed) and all kinds of junk blows across the road

7. favo

favo P3D+ owner

8. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

9. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

My wife saw a truck full of Model 3s come into Indianapolis and they were wrapped as well.

10. favo

favo P3D+ owner

11. Fusion

Fusion Member

The amount of money they are burning from stupid defects is alarming. They should of did it in the first place. Can't imagine the cost of every car that has to go into the service center to get it corrected. They lose money on service center time, space, cost to do the correction from the body shops, rental car, etc.......

• Like x 2
  12. eSpiritIV

eSpiritIV Member

IMHO they need to wrap the entirety all the cars, not just the front of them. VW does this, and they are evil.

13. vinnie97

vinnie97 #WalkAway

Damn right, wish I'd refused delivery instead of waiting almost 5 weeks for this oversight.