Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Time Tesla Buyer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to TSLA but ready to jump in with both feet but have a couple questions, so I am excited I found this site.

Will be buying a 2021 Model S, most likely LR model but looking at the Plaid Model. The price on LR at 72k seems very reasonable and at 3.1 seconds is great performance but what happen to the P100 models and ludicrous mode?
I looked on the site and 2020 models where priced in the 100k for excising inventory, is this LR a cheaper version or what changed?

Do you know if there will be any changes in the appearance of the Plaid over LR (wider body) or same exterior just better performance?

Wife wants a Model 3, that seems pretty straight forward.

sorry for the rambling but so much I don’t understand about the history of the Model S. If anyone wants to take their time to explain, I would be so appreciative.

Thank you
Jim

Where did you get the 72k price from? The LR starts at almost 80k without any options. Add tax to it and it will jump in the region of 90k.
Before the refresh, the cheapest model S was priced at $69420, so yes, the price has jumped 10k for the refresh.
There are no indications that the Plaid will have a wider body than LR and in likelihood, it will have the same width as the LR to keep manufacturing effective and on one assembly line.

Upvote 0
Will be buying a 2021 Model S, most likely LR model but looking at the Plaid Model. The price on LR at 72k seems very reasonable and at 3.1 seconds is great performance but what happen to the P100 models and ludicrous mode?

I think you’re looking at the figure that includes the $1,500 California Clean Fuel Reward, the potential gas savings and excludes the destination charge. The actual retail price of a 2022 (or 2021.5, not sure hat it will be known as) MS LR is $81,190 before any extra cost options.

The Performance model was discontinued with the refresh.

Upvote 0
Where did you get the 72k price from? The LR starts at almost 80k without any options. Add tax to it and it will jump in the region of 90k.
Before the refresh, the cheapest model S was priced at $69420, so yes, the price has jumped 10k for the refresh.
There are no indications that the Plaid will have a wider body than LR and in likelihood, it will have the same width as the LR to keep manufacturing effective and on one assembly line.
Thank you, you are right. I was on potential savings. Starting point is 79.9.

Upvote 0
I think you’re looking at the figure that includes the $1,500 California Clean Fuel Reward, the potential gas savings and excludes the destination charge. The actual retail price of a 2022 (or 2021.5, not sure hat it will be known as) MS LR is $81,190 before any extra cost options.

The Performance model was discontinued with the refresh.
Thank You, 100% correct. I heard Biden may offer the 7500..00 incentive again.

• Funny
Reactions: doubleshot
Upvote 0
You can certainly find a nice set of aftermarket 20's or 21's for less than $4500 and keep the 19's as backups or winters. That being said, I ordered with the Arachnids. Also, the final width and offsets are likely different than previous years so would have to wait until the cars start shipping to verify.

Upvote 0