Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First time to SC. Its a long drive for eMMC. Should I schedule something else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So me and the wife are going to the nearest service center to get the eMMC replaced on our P85D 2015. It got 90k miles.

Reason i am asking, is that the nearest service center is over 500miles away. So is there any thing else i should consider/book them doing when taking this trip?

I am mechanically inclined, so I can do something myself. Thinking costs..

The car got a remanufactured battery 6mo ago, and brakes were serviced at the same time. Sometimes it feels like there is a slight vibration from the front during hard accellerations.

Any hints and tips are very welcome.

This thread my help with the front vibration during hard accellerations:

I've gone the path of replacing the MCU1 to the MCU2 in order to address the eMMC issue as well as bubbles in the screen.

Reactions: rickyjb
thank you for your reply.
ok, i absolutely do not have that kind of rattle.. it is like a quiet little shudder. barely noticable the times i am able to reproduce it.

the screen and everything else is fine, just the eMMC needs replacing before it goes bad.

I have it on my car too - and it gets worse in cold weather. Just like most drivetrain issues they start small and then get worse with time.

I'm not sure I've heard of any other issues aside from the obvious bad alignment/unbalanced wheels/etc... but those issues normally are present all the time. The one most common for hard acceleration is the one I linked above.