TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

First time we did a car wrap

Discussion in 'NorCal - Reno Tesla Owners (formerly SacArea)' started by GuyHall, May 20, 2014.

1. GuyHall

GuyHall Member

We're planning a trip to take us from Mexico to Alaska and figured that we should protect our new red model S before the journey. This is first vehicle we've considered wrapping, but given the Tesla with its softer California based paint and high value, this would be an important step. We looked around the Sacramento area and settled on Appearance Solutions to wrap 80% of our new Red Model S, and add some window tinting. We looked closely the work quality they had just done on another Model S before choosing them and handing over our baby. Looked great, and our car came out the same way. They used XPEL Ultimate. I gather they do a lot of the Teslas in our region. They made some coverage suggestions based on our travel plans, which were appreciated.

Very convenient to work with as we set a date and they came out to pick the car up, did a complete wash and then delivered it done two days later. They can be reached at 916-402-9325. Ask for Michael Justis.

2. jjen@EDH

Hi there,

I am waiting for my MS to be delivered shortly and found tons of great reviews on Mike/Appearance Solutions. Had a call with him this week and was really impressed. I would really appreciate if you can share with me how yours have been holding up since it was done 18 months ago:

1. Did you notice any discoloration or deterioration on the film?
    2. I believe they wrap around all the edges so there's no visible line on the outside shows where the film cuts off, is that how yours were done?
    3. If so, has any of those wrap around edges starting to peal off or get lose overtime on the backside?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.