Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Trip with FSD beta in refresh MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took my first trip using FSD beta in the 2022 refresh MS. This vehicle does have radar but unsure if it is used with FSD beta.

In 7 miles of city driving with construction areas I had 3 disengagements.

One was by me, a neighbor was running at a cross street and the car felt ambiguous as to who goes. I disengaged and let her cross. At this point I had 30 second of FSD experience so confidence wasn’t there.

Second was not the car’s fault really, road was changed recently and paint stripes from prior path are still visible and car got confused and disengaged.

Third time was FSD being dumb, it kept trying to change lanes into a turning lane at a cross street where according to the Navi it wanted to go straight. I muscled the wheel to stay in the correct lane and it disengaged. Not sure what it would have done if in the turning lane when the light turned green haha.

The additional detail on the visualization compared to pre-FSD is amazing. All in all I was encouraged by the performance so far.

In 7 miles of city driving with construction areas I had 3 disengagements.

All in all I was encouraged by the performance so far.

😂

It's pretty incredible but calling it full self driving is quite a stretch for the reasons you stated.

Im getting a disengage every 5 miles or so in city driving. This is a far cry from actual autonomous vehicles that are getting a disengage every few thousand miles or more.

Reactions: Silicon Desert