Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First "Unofficial" Lap Time at Ring

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I for one am very excited by this news. I very much want to see Tesla succeed and not get swallowed up by the tidal wave of electrics coming in upcoming years. What Musk has done is nothing short of incredible. Will the MS beating a Porsche at the Ring make them succeed? Of course not but beating a Porsche on it's home track by an upstart US automaker is absolutely awesome. I know I sound like a fanboy (and maybe I am) and I've owned a string of high performance German cars and loved them all but I do think the Tesla is special!

Discuss!

Tesla 'Plaid' Model S crushes Porsche Taycan's Nürburgring time, witness says - Electrek

Can't wait to get an "official" time but that's a pretty big beatdown no?

No. Comparison isn't apples to apples. Taycan's time is on a slightly longer track. MS is still being tweaked though.
I'm just surprised by people commenting on here and other sites saying Tesla won't beat it when Munro's teardown says Tesla has a lot of room for improvements. Plus the S is lighter. Usually the lighter car can get better times.

What I'd like to know is how is Porsche's cooling better than Tesla's Superbottle?

Can't wait for Munro to tear down the Taycan.

Modded Tesla Model S Beats Porsche Taycan by 20 Seconds at Nurburgring

Last edited: