Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First V3 to go online in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A fun little thread. post your guess on the first V3 online in the great white north.

My bet goes to SSM. I just feel like everything canadian it starts in the east.
Was going to do a poll but I think its more fun to see the posts.
Deep River - same reasoning, it's the easternmost V3 under construction and the eastern end of construction is closest to where the supercharger equipment is coming from in Buffalo (Gigafactory 2)

Didnt even think of Deep River. and they are pretty far along too.
Davidson and Regina are already fully tied together, complete with wire to the pedestal locations.

The deciding factor though is likely to be which contractor gets the first shipment of the V3 pedestal gear, so they can go out and start hooking up items. In SK the contractor is supposed to be located in Prince Albert. If it is them then the question is whether or not they start installing pedestals nearest home (which is Davidson) and travel away, or go to the further location and start backwards. Similar question for the other contractor handling Kenora and East.

As has been pointed out in other threads:

Users posted potential v3 sighting here
Supercharge.info used that information to create a list
Electrek.com did an article based on the info on Supercharge.info
People posted here citing the article on Electrek.com as confirmation of v3 chargers.

So we're going around in circles on this one. There's no info directly from Tesla confirming v3 anywhere in Canada.

As has been pointed out in other threads:

Users posted potential v3 sighting here
Supercharge.info used that information to create a list
Electrek.com did an article based on the info on Supercharge.info
People posted here citing the article on Electrek.com as confirmation of v3 chargers.

So we're going around in circles on this one. There's no info directly from Tesla confirming v3 anywhere in Canada.
In this article they seem to be basing the standard off Tesla’s own text of designation in filed permits, which are signed legal documents.

But frankly that’s far to strict to be realistic reasonable assessment of the matter (and if anything more prone to Tesla making a misleading error or changing of plans). A duck doesn’t have to explicitly call itself when it is waddling around quacking for us to confidently identify it as a duck. :p

Last edited:
In this article they seem to be basing the standard off Tesla’s own text of designation in filed permits, which are signed legal documents.

But frankly that’s far to strict to be realistic reasonable assessment of the matter (and if anything more prone to Tesla making a misleading error or changing of plans). A duck doesn’t have to explicitly call itself when it is waddling around quacking for us to confidently identify it as a duck. :p

Oh, I thought that was an official Tesla press release - which confused me, because why have a dozen or more obvious V3 sites on the transCanada and only mention 3? Plus Dickinson and Bismark ND.

Oh, I thought that was an official Tesla press release - which confused me, because why have a dozen or more obvious V3 sites on the transCanada and only mention 3? Plus Dickinson and Bismark ND.
You aren't allowing for the low quality of reportage by Electrek. Just a few days ago they put out an article claiming that the discovered permit for a future site in Florida meant that there were only 4 V3 sites (Fremont, Hawthorne, Las Vegas, and Clearwater [future]). This even though the actual hardware had been seen installed in several other locations and that we knew of many others from site layouts and conduit patterns.

Reactions: SammichLover
You aren't allowing for the low quality of reportage by Electrek. Just a few days ago they put out an article claiming that the discovered permit for a future site in Florida meant that there were only 4 V3 sites (Fremont, Hawthorne, Las Vegas, and Clearwater [future]). This even though the actual hardware had been seen installed in several other locations and that we knew of many others from site layouts and conduit patterns.
Well, I decided to try and troll him by changing every other site along the T-Can to a V3 location, so that might make Fred flip and rewrite the article, looking blindly at the map and adding some 20 other V3 locations to his list. If he reads this post (which he probably won’t), IM TROLLING YOU FRED!

I wish he’d cite an actual source instead of saying Tesla confirmed this, confirmed that, when they confirmed absolutely nothing! This is annoying for me and probably other forum members because there’s nothing here we didn’t already know, but since it’s an Electrek article, everyone’s reposting, with an idea that it’s new info, which it isn’t. I’m seriously pissed at you Fred. I hope he changes his article and cites his sources

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I decided to try and troll him by changing every other site along the T-Can to a V3 location, so that might make Fred flip and rewrite the article, looking blindly at the map and adding some 20 other V3 locations to his list. If he reads this post (which he probably won’t), IM TROLLING YOU FRED!

I wish he’d cite an actual source instead of saying Tesla confirmed this, confirmed that, when they confirmed absolutely nothing! This is annoying for me and probably other forum members because there’s nothing here we didn’t already know, but since it’s an Electrek article, everyone’s reposting, with an idea that it’s new info, which it isn’t. I’m seriously pissed at you Fred. I hope he changes his article and cites his sources
Update: there is now an article on The Verge which is saying that Tesla has confirmed V3 superchargers on the Trans-Canada: Tesla’s first big V3 Supercharger expansion is already happening in Canada

This appears to be the explicit independent confirmation we were looking for, not a rehash of supercharge.info and these forums.

While that's true, it seems pretty clear to me from the presence of pedestals on the west end of the TCH V3 buildout, and the lack of same on the east end, that west end is the likely winner :D

Still TBD which station (Whitewood? Regina? Other SK?) is the first one active, but it likely ain't SSM or Deep River.
Your wishes are clear, and you may prove to be right, but the fat lady hasn't sung yet. At this point, the first one online and operational could be a stealth one we don't even know about.

• Helpful
Reactions: PLUS EV and 204EV