Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First visit to service center (Sunnyvale)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So to sum up my experience, I picked up the car today. I did tell them to not wash the car, which they honored... but the car is a MESS, they store it outside, and despite there being nothing but clear weather, it is covered in water spots/marks, there is some sort of lube/slimy smudges on the roof and side pillars. I had taken the car in spotless, cleaned to perfection. I will clean it myself tonight.

My learnings in this one:

a) Not impressed with Sunnyvale service center, will try a different center next time
b) Not impressed with the staff, each time my first entry into the office sucked. First time, as I said, I waited 15m before having to engage one of the millennials to ask what was going on. This time, when I dropped off the loaner and went in the office, I sat there waiting like an idiot while the same millenials were staring at their phones doing who knows what. Finally I get a "oh, I'm sorry... " and they start to process me.
c) Service center bays were in disarray and not clean, nothing like I am used to seeing at Audi or Ford
d) The loaner MS75d only had 600 miles, it was new! I was pleased that while being pretty chirpy, it was very clearly not as fast as my 100d
e) I am addicted to autopilot! This loaner did not have AP or TACC, and my commute was totally different (and sucked). I pay attention all the time with at least 1 hand on the wheel, but this really showed me how much AP does actually do for me in de-stressing my commute

Definitely not worth $550

So to sum up my experience, I picked up the car today. I did tell them to not wash the car, which they honored... but the car is a MESS, they store it outside, and despite there being nothing but clear weather, it is covered in water spots/marks, there is some sort of lube/slimy smudges on the roof and side pillars. I had taken the car in spotless, cleaned to perfection. I will clean it myself tonight.

My learnings in this one:

a) Not impressed with Sunnyvale service center, will try a different center next time
b) Not impressed with the staff, each time my first entry into the office sucked. First time, as I said, I waited 15m before having to engage one of the millennials to ask what was going on. This time, when I dropped off the loaner and went in the office, I sat there waiting like an idiot while the same millenials were staring at their phones doing who knows what. Finally I get a "oh, I'm sorry... " and they start to process me.
c) Service center bays were in disarray and not clean, nothing like I am used to seeing at Audi or Ford
d) The loaner MS75d only had 600 miles, it was new! I was pleased that while being pretty chirpy, it was very clearly not as fast as my 100d
e) I am addicted to autopilot! This loaner did not have AP or TACC, and my commute was totally different (and sucked). I pay attention all the time with at least 1 hand on the wheel, but this really showed me how much AP does actually do for me in de-stressing my commute

Definitely not worth $550
my regular maintenance is every 6 months (I only -need- to go once per year but I do 6mo anyway) it costs me $42 and takes less than an hour.

You are right about the Ford service bays, the ones I have seen are clean and uncluttered

• Disagree
Reactions: Tanquen
The saga continues....

They scratched my sunroof.

It figures, I just KNEW something would happen there, the whole experience told my gut that something would happen. I washed my car (with my new water filtration system that came in today, woot!), and discovered 3 scratches in my sunroof. I am guessing it is a combination of how dirty the car became with the outside storage, and a airhose or something like that being dragged over the window.

not sure how, but what I am sure of is it was not there before (my detailer who just finished a 1 year opticoat warranty service can attest to it).

I'll be calling them of course... and I did take pictures of the car before I took it in, but no closeups of the sunroof.

Here are the scratches... damn! I am very frustrated, because I knew in my gut they'd do something like this.

DON'T GO TO SUNNYVALE SC!!

20180713_222617.jpg