Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker Atlantic (Nina)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Electricity in general is far more accessible and ubiquitous than gasoline, maybe you are talking about charging stations vs gasoline pumps?

It is now, but wasn't in the early days of the automobile. Without power in your home, the very short range of early EVs was a big disadvantage. I don't how much of an effect that had, but it was enough that there was a (temporarily) successful battery swap company.

As for the Fisker, I'm sure the interior is nicer. The Model S interior is a bit sparse (but at least not harsh like Audi or VW interiors - IMO, of course). But then, I'm an engineer, and those nasty motors the Karma uses would just have me cringing inside. I need inner beauty, too. I'm sure Fisker will do better going forward, but they clearly put the priority on design and materials over functional components on the first go around.

As for the Cayenne, it and the Panamera are the two reasons why, even if the Roadster hadn't come along, I know I wouldn't have been a Porsche lifer. Talk about diluting the brand promise.

Fisker is $150 million short to build the Atlantic - Fisker needs $150 million to build Atlantic

from the link article:
article said:
Posawatz knows what it takes to get an electric car to market, but Fisker is some $150 million short of cash it needs before it launches the Atlantic, according to the report. One of Fisker's directors told the news organization that bolstering the balance sheet is necessary not only to cover operating expenses, but also to fund more product development.
This does not seem good news for Fisker at all.

I for one think the atlantic looks gorgeous. I have also seena fisker karma up close and thouht the same, especially the paint job. Yes, likely the gen 3 will have better specs, but it also will likely be two years later than Atlantic. If the car can pull of some good reviews and some decent press, seems like competition to me.

Oh and personally I thin the Cadillac is ugly.

I for one think the atlantic looks gorgeous. I have also seena fisker karma up close and thouht the same, especially the paint job. Yes, likely the gen 3 will have better specs, but it also will likely be two years later than Atlantic. If the car can pull of some good reviews and some decent press, seems like competition to me.

If Fisker can make on their new target of late 2014 with no further delays, it might not be more than a year if Tesla can hit late 2015 for Gen III but 2 years is entirely possible.

I guess it competes with Gen III on the pricing front, but I'd still say an S spanks the Atlantic -- and I was actually interested in one (since going full EV isn't currently 100% feasible for us, having a nice-looking hybrid would have done just as well).

I'll reserve full judgement until we see specs and pricing though.