Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker Atlantic (Nina)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now with even less trunk space!

In all seriousness, this doesn't look anything like a lower cost family sedan, I thought it was supposed to be. Looks pretty sporty, however. :) I think the lines are intended to carry over that diamond shape design language of the Karma. Hopefully they toned down that grill, though. I'll be interested to see it.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/280720/fisker_nina_teaser.html

car_photo_508453_25.jpg

To give you an idea of scale, we've overlayed the drawing on a profile picture of the Karma. As you can see, the Nina will feature a slightly more upright windscreen and shorter overhangs, but the passenger compartment will be a similar size - meaning enough room for four adults. Overall, the car will be about the size of a BMW 5 Series.

...so less storage space indeed. Still the cavernous engine bay though.

Now with even less trunk space!

In all seriousness, this doesn't look anything like a lower cost family sedan, I thought it was supposed to be. Looks pretty sporty, however. :) I think the lines are intended to carry over that diamond shape design language of the Karma. Hopefully they toned down that grill, though. I'll be interested to see it.

Looks more like an early April fools joke !!

I consider my design below to be far more, err, cutting-edge … influenced by nothing more than the utensils I used for dinner this evening :biggrin:

Do I get a job as Fiskers head of concept design now ?

knifespoonforkfisker.jpg

I'll reserve judgement. I think those lines look sporty which is cool. It just doesn't suggest what I thought the Nina was supposed to be, though.

Ditto. I thought the Nina would be a lot more practical. Right now it looks like a mini-Karma, which I'm not sure will go well with the crowd that says the AVTM money is going towards building cars for rich people.

I personally never understood why Fisker got a DOE loan to begin with. While the Model S is still a very expensive car, it's all electric and helps to push the market forward. The Karma, while beautiful, is a luxury hybrid basically. I know the DOE loan was only supposed to be for the Nina so I guess we'll see what market they are targeting with that.

I find it a little odd that this is the only thing that Fisker Automotive has to show when it come to the Nina??? If it is, then run out and get your collector's Fisker Karma. If not, I think Fisker should reveal a little more given the DOE concerns and public sentiments about the company.

I think the sketch looks to much like a shrunken down version of the Karma. If so, Fisker will have to move the battery pack to make room for the rear passengers.

I find it a little odd that this is the only thing that Fisker Automotive has to show when it come to the Nina??? If it is, then run out and get your collector's Fisker Karma. If not, I think Fisker should reveal a little more given the DOE concerns and public sentiments about the company.

I can't believe I'm defending Fisker here but.... It's a TEASER! Just like Tesla did with the shadowy Model X. The full car will be shown in a few weeks.

I personally never understood why Fisker got a DOE loan to begin with. While the Model S is still a very expensive car, it's all electric and helps to push the market forward. The Karma, while beautiful, is a luxury hybrid basically. I know the DOE loan was only supposed to be for the Nina so I guess we'll see what market they are targeting with that.

Well that's what I always heard, but after the funds were cut off the reports said that the money spent so far was for the Karma. Now maybe the reporters got it all wrong now or in the past wouldn't that be such a surprise), or there's some shenanigans and CYA going on.