Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Fisker Drops New Images of 400-Mile Electric Range EMotion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fisker Inc. has shared new photos of its 2019 production vehicle, the Fisker EMotion, which promises a 400-mile electric range and a top speed of 161 mph.

According to a release, “The Fisker EMotion has been proportioned to accommodate an advanced high-energy density, patent-pending battery pack and cooling system. It can be charged through the vehicle’s proprietary UltraCharger technology, charging over 100 miles in nine minutes.”

emotion-teaser-2.jpeg

EMotion_Teaser_3.jpeg

The release says EMotion’s front end will house a LIDAR system behind a tinted screen to help power autonomous capabilities. Side mirrors conceal two cameras, which enable panoramic, 360-degree views to the driver.

The vehicle will be sold directly through Fisker’s website and planned showrooms, according to the release. Pre-orders for the $129,000 vehicle will begin June 30.

The EMotion is accomplished car designer Henrik Fisker’s second attempt at a high-end electric vehicle. He previously launched the Fisker Karma in 2011, but the company filed for bankruptcy in 2013 and sold its assets to Wanxiang, a Chinese automotive manufacturer. The company was renamed to Karma Automotive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of spec promises here on range and charging speed. Looks like they're trying to promise autonomous features as well. Henrik isn't an engineer and relies on others to provide everything besides the aesthetics. While I wish him the best of luck, I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.

Who publishes snippet views of a new car?

The Fisker had unfortunate discontinuities between the hood and windshield that became glaringly apparent at certain angles. By comparison the Roadster looked good from any angle. Just my $0.02.
--

Reactions: dhrivnak
My favorite quote from the article: "the vehicle’s proprietary UltraCharger technology, charging over 100 miles in nine minutes.”

So apparently Henrik's new company is going to build a nation-wide network of proprietary charging stations for their $129,000 EVs that will be available 2 years from now.

That gives them plenty of time to establish their proprietary charging network. Good planning.

Anyone who believes that any of that will actually happen, I have a bridge to sell you...

The headlights make it look like it has lizard eyes (where the pupil is a narrow vertical slit) from the front. I think the previous Atlantic concept looked at lot better. Maybe it'll look better from a different angle.

His designs are very pretty, but not nearly as practical as Tesla.

Read he was trying to integrate storage capacitors to augment the batteries, perhaps of offer quicker discharges for additional performance.

Think he is still offering his car as a hybrid, with a gasoline motor going on and off to augment range.

Think his chances for success are pretty slim. (But I bet he raises a ton on money to give it a try.)