Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker Emotion at CES

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fisker has revealed the Emotion electric luxury saloon at this year’s Consumer Electronics Show (CES), in production guise.

The only performance statistic is the car’s top speed of 161mph, although it’s expected that the 400-mile-range EV, which also has four-wheel drive and shares similar dimensions to the Tesla Model S,will closely match Elon Musk’s first four-door model for other performance statistics.
emotion-wide-city-vendetta-studios.jpg

emotion-profile-empty-doors-vendetta-studios.jpg

emotion-wide-2-vendetta-studios.jpg

Fisker Emotion revealed at CES with 400-mile range | Autocar

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rouget
Whatever happened to the new karma model? Can’t even find mention of it on the Fiskerinc.com site?
As voyager states, the original Fisker Karma and Fisker company were sold to Chinese company and is now Karma Automotive and the car is the Revero. Basically the same car with some minor tweaks to the front end and other fairly trivial changes. For the price, just doesn't make sense and don't see it appealing to many people. Not bad looking car though.

Karma Revero

That rear 3/4 view is pretty sexy, as are the rear doors. But from sexy prototype to real car for people to buy is a big leap. I hope it succeeds.

Funny enough, Fisker sins a bit to the rules of aerodynamic efficiency which require an elongated, sloping rear end. Personally, I like the design, and especially the name eMotion. Fisker gave us brilliantly designed cars such as the Aston Vantage and the Artega.

And what about the eMotion's front looks? Can you imagine seeing this in your rear-view mirror... sn(e)aking up on you?

https-_blueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com_uploads_card_image_650162_924838ce-9498-45e6-ac7f-e0ed99c661df-696x495.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: gowthamn and Rouget
Those rear doors look really cool opening like that, but they are not a functional improvement over regular doors in my opinion. In fact probably the opposite. They are so low you have to duck under to get in, and because they don't articulate, they will require mores space than MX to open, even though they are much smaller doors than MX.

I personally wouldn't touch a car from Fisker after he (allegedly) tried to steal Tesla's ideas and after he left all the buyers of his first car to fend for themselves when the company went bankrupt.

But to each their own. If people want to risk buying it, that's their business, not mine.

• Informative
It's a beautiful car and I really like the interior design. Far warmer and more luxurious than the Model S. The deal killer for me? Those stupid doors. I refused to buy a Model X because of the rear doors and I would refuse to buy the Fisker due to both front and rear doors.

As voyager states, the original Fisker Karma and Fisker company were sold to Chinese company and is now Karma Automotive and the car is the Revero. Basically the same car with some minor tweaks to the front end and other fairly trivial changes. For the price, just doesn't make sense and don't see it appealing to many people. Not bad looking car though.

Karma Revero
I ran into one in Las Vegas last year.
MpPJLIo.jpg

after speaking with the rep it sounds like they've abandoned the all electric route. i asked why and was told that the public really didn't want it. i replied, "huh."

nice looking car, shame they abandoned the all elec route.

OT: The fisker emotion looks great to me, i like the doors. i can see where some people's garages may not work, or possibly tall people would get a knock getting in or out. But the car as excellent lines and shape.

• Informative
I ran into one in Las Vegas last year.
MpPJLIo.jpg

after speaking with the rep it sounds like they've abandoned the all electric route. i asked why and was told that the public really didn't want it. i replied, "huh."

nice looking car, shame they abandoned the all elec route.

OT: The fisker emotion looks great to me, i like the doors. i can see where some people's garages may not work, or possibly tall people would get a knock getting in or out. But the car as excellent lines and shape.
I don't know what you mean by "abandoned", the car was always going to be a plug-in hybrid from the first time I saw an ad for it at Los Angeles Airport (well before we bought our original Roadster, I think).

That rear 3/4 view is pretty sexy, as are the rear doors. But from sexy prototype to real car for people to buy is a big leap. I hope it succeeds.

I'd love to see one of these Tesla killers actually make it to the market (not that I'd expect them to impact Tesla sales), because the more choices people have, the faster the EV market will grow.

Reactions: voyager and Olds442
I was sitting next to a Fisker on my way home this afternoon. I noticed the beautiful shape before I knew what it was. The center caps clearly said Fisker. Could this have been the Karma?

I went to www.fiskerinc.com and was impressed by some of the EMotion features, especially the electromagnetic tint and the 24" standard wheels. The automatic tint is a feature I think is overdue in the auto industry.

I selected the "Reserve Now" button by accident when intending to click "Learn More" - the buttons are close to each other. This is what came up...

20180307_185011.jpg

Doesn't exactly instill confidence.

I too hope they succeed and I hope they can retain the shape of their EMotion prototype. Like others have said, those "Butterfly Doors" look awesome, however their practicality is so low that I wouldn't mind seeing them dropped from the production model.