Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker Karma

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my eyes, Fisker is definitely stunning, and I seriously considered it before getting my current BMW. That is until I drove it. Just like the Cadillac ELR, looks and interior materials are great, performance is very sedated, especially in electric mode. Both fail with the main target markets: people who want a sporty sedan don't get one, and people who are echo conscious but want interior/cargo space don't get those either. Very disappointing.

Contrast that to Tesla, which made me smile every time I test drove it. Interior still needs a lot of work (sit in the comparable price new S-class and Panamera) and you will immediately see what I mean. Overall though, I decided to take the plunge, will see if it was worth it. Judging by the forum owners I anticipate I will love the car.

Funny how you didn't dare show the front of the car in either of the pictures. Kind of ruins the effect, wouldn't you say?

One of my clients fiskers

0ff79e21161ab8c73881576e0d270a8a.jpg

fd6243472fbeeff10282cba5be712a9c.jpg

Good review of the Karma. Guess this guy is one of those 1 out of 100.

No doubt Karma will be one of the deadliest hybrids ever conceived when it ships later this Spring. But what about its looks? Ugly but deadly or just plain deadly? Me, I’m not sold on Karma’s “muscle car of the future” aesthetics, though I tend to prefer gentle curves to bold haunches on my four door saloons.

And that grille? It’s reminiscent of a Smiling Mazda, isn’t it? Which is fine if that’s your cup of tea, but to me looks sort of out of place on a hybrid muscle car. But then again, what do I know about how hybrid muscle cars are supposed to look? What do any of us know about hybrid muscle cars at all, really?

What say you on the $100k hybrid with 22″ rims and a sub-6 seconds 0-60 time? The 2012 Fisker Karma: Ugly but deadly or just plain deadly?

Ugly but Deadly? Fisker Karma - The Electric Sports Sedan | TechnoBuffalo

And Dan Neil of the WSJ who is apparently the only auto journalist to ever win a Pulitzer is also one of the 1 out of 100
As he put it, he was “too easy” on the Fisker Karma, and he now sees that it is “too heavy, too overpromised in terms of performance and efficiency, and it is just too durably weird-looking to love.”

Read more: Wall Street Journal | Digital Trends

Last edited:
China's Wanxiang to rebrand Fisker as Elux, report says

Chinese auto parts maker Wanxiang Group will push back its planned relaunch of the defunct Fisker Karma hybrid sports car until mid-2016 and rebrand Fisker Automotive as Elux, two sources familiar with the plan told Reuters on Sunday.

Wanxiang plans to price the car from around $135,000, the sources said, nearly 20 percent higher than the final price of the original Karma, which ceased production in 2012.

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...anxiang-to-rebrand-fisker-as-elux-report-says_________________________________________________________________________________

Fully loaded Tesla Model S P85D or Wanxiang Karma?

Fully loaded Mercedes S 550 PHEV or Wanxiang Karma?

Did Wanxiang not obtain the Fisker manuf'g plant in Delaware - it was almost as massive as Tesla's Fremont - or are the Chinese simply eager to throw funny money after bad?

The Delaware plant would be way too big/expensive to outfit for the small volumes that Fisker is likely to produce if and when they actually re-launch the Karma. Plus it is much more difficult to start up manufacturing when the plant is 3000 miles from engineering/HQ. If Fisker ever gets to larger volumes I would expect that manufacturing to be done in China.

The Delaware plant was mostly a political move anyhow to get that ATVM money. They had to say they were going to be building a car in the US and chose the VP's state of Delaware. They were no where near being able to produce the Nina/Atlantic but had to say they would since the Karma didn't qualify.