Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker Karma

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the quotes, Doug

"It's fine for Tesla to sell a few roadsters a month with a factory store model," Price said. "But selling cars in any kind of volume, you need a retailer who understands the market; who can deal with used cars, service and customer follow-up."

Tesla is better suited to the latter two than the traditional shared-dealership model.

I would think that after Tesla catches up with backorders and clears floor space (and/or changes locations) will take trade-ins and sell them at auction.

That's 7 months from now. Don't you think that they would be giving rides to press, buyers, test rides on different surfaces, drives for Politicians, appearances at some of their many dealer locations? 'Bout time there are some first person outside perspectives on the car's ride.

There is something that doesn't smell legit about Fisker. Why would they avoid allowing any customer or media test drives if they are so close to production?

I am willing the bet that they pull an Aptera later in 2009. When they reach their supposed date in November 2009, they will announce that there are delays and it will actually be summer 2010 (or some future date). But they do have a few prototypes that are going through testing.

I suspect they might produce a few real mules for media/customer test drives by the end of this year, but nothing for customers to take home.

I know Fisker should be a lot further ahead than the Model S, but can someone point me to the known milestones where Fisker is ahead of the Model S. I started to run down the list in my head and couldn't find any big advantage for Fisker?

Cobos

I am willing the bet that they pull an Aptera later in 2009. When they reach their supposed date in November 2009, they will announce that there are delays and it will actually be summer 2010 (or some future date). But they do have a few prototypes that are going through testing.

I thought they had already backed off of the Nov 2009 date and were now saying "Spring 2010" -- I don't remember why I thought that, did I just make it up?

Hee hee!

But a quick google search at least came up with a few stories which parrot the claim of Spring 2010. I think that date started around the time of Fisker receiving its latest round of funding 4 or 6 weeks ago.

Irvine-based Fisker will run its plug-in on Canadian batteries - Los Angeles Times
Fisker said the first production models would be finished by year-end but customers would not receive deliveries until spring 2010.

Greentech Media | Fisker Raises $85M
Fisker plans to have its first $87,900 Karma models coming off the manufacturing line in late 2009, with customer deliveries set to start in spring of 2010

Clean Break » Blog Archive » Fisker’s Karma to be powered by Canadian battery system
First deliveries of the Karma are expected in spring 2010. About 1,300 have already been preordered.

So I guess they are saying they plan to have their equivalent of a VP by November, but they won't truly be filling orders until this time next year.

Hee hee!

But a quick google search at least came up with a few stories which parrot the claim of Spring 2010. I think that date started around the time of Fisker receiving its latest round of funding 4 or 6 weeks ago.

Spring 2010 is a much more reasonable date for deliveries. I don't see how they can possibly make 2009, given what they have shown us so far (unless they are a lot further along than they are indicating).

I'm not sure where Autobloggreen got their data from, they are saying their source is Fisker, but in this article it says June 2010 when the Karma launches. So they are themselves asying June 2010 instead of the Q4 2009. So much for no delays.
I wouldn't bet against WarpedOne with his "There will be no Carma's in customers hands before 2011." :)

Cobos