Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker ocean - UK forum

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you placed the $250 reservation deposit or gone a step further?
In short, I've only placed the reservation deposit.

However, I wouldn't be placing that if I didn't intend on going through with it - I don't have money to just do that kind of thing willy nilly. I've made the conscious decision to hand my M3P back. I had originally intended to look at keeping the M3P but the extra space requirement had driven the decision.

I have spec'd up the Fisker Ocean Extreme and and I'm happy with what it was going to be for me, so that's most of it. The WLTP range that's just been announced in reality means at least 300 real world miles which is more than enough.

So whilst I've only placed the reservation fee, for me personally it's more than that. I've mentally made the decision and I'm at peace with leaving the Tesla behind.

In short, I've only placed the reservation deposit.

However, I wouldn't be placing that if I didn't intend on going through with it - I don't have money to just do that kind of thing willy nilly. I've made the conscious decision to hand my M3P back. I had originally intended to look at keeping the M3P but the extra space requirement had driven the decision.

I have spec'd up the Fisker Ocean Extreme and and I'm happy with what it was going to be for me, so that's most of it. The WLTP range that's just been announced in reality means at least 300 real world miles which is more than enough.

So whilst I've only placed the reservation fee, for me personally it's more than that. I've mentally made the decision and I'm at peace with leaving the Tesla behind.
Yeah. Me too.

For us it’s a race between the Ocean and the new Macan EV as a replacement for our X which turns 6 at the end of the year and will be around the 100K mile mark by early next year. So about time to look around.

IMG_0162.jpeg

I'd argue that if Fisker can get it right, then they will seriously challenge Tesla for top spot on the EV totem pole.

I've configured using the larger wheels so this is a result!
Hopefully they send someone knowledgeable to the stand at the Charged Live event, as it would be useful to hear what they have planned here in terms of distribution and service network.

I don't expect we'll see any RHD version until late 2024 at the earliest. Then again Tesla don't seem to be in a hurry making any more RHD model S and X these days either.

Will be interesting to see what Porsche do with the new Macan EV, its also looking very promising and may arrive sooner.

Reactions: Nell
With soon to be released vehicles, they have the advantage of offering a dream, put together by their marketing department. Everything is projected to be beautiful. Great promise, wonderful capabilities, pictures of perfect cars, no problems etc.

Reality comes with the first deliveries (often delayed). The weak spots will be revealed, forum posts of people with initial problems, parts shortage, slow warranty claims, charging issues, post of less than expected "real world range" etc.

The company will work through all this and evolve to make an even better car, with time.

All auto companies develop huge service facilities to address these issues. Maintenance is always an issue, and forms like these are kind of a documentary of roll out issues.

With soon to be released vehicles, they have the advantage of offering a dream, put together by their marketing department. Everything is projected to be beautiful. Great promise, wonderful capabilities, pictures of perfect cars, no problems etc.

Reality comes with the first deliveries (often delayed). The weak spots will be revealed, forum posts of people with initial problems, parts shortage, slow warranty claims, charging issues, post of less than expected "real world range" etc.

The company will work through all this and evolve to make an even better car, with time.

All auto companies develop huge service facilities to address these issues. Maintenance is always an issue, and forms like these are kind of a documentary of roll out issues.
Yeah man. Reminds me very much of Tesla in the very early days. I knocked them back in late 2013 when they were test driving a single model S out of a Marriott hotel carpark in West London…but by the time 2016/17 rolled around they’d gotten their act together a bit more.

It’s generally never safe to buy a first generation product from a company. Even established companies like Porsche can drop the ball with new tech (see the heater matrix failures on Taycans).

That being said, if they’re pricing the early cars to sell, to establish a foothold, you could also get an incredible, no holds barred product before it becomes popular enough to justify premium pricing (see the R35 GTR release)

Reactions: stonecoldrmw
Looks like they just won the 2023 Red Dot Product Design award for EVs.

In my opinion - if anyone thinks Red Dot is a real award for any accomplishment - they need help from professionals :) - it is just a silly marketing "award" with no relation to product quality. Red Dot is only equal to "It looks ok from a distance"

Fisker Ocean ads coming up often - they have got 4 models ranging from I think £34990. And the prices are in pounds for a LHD market. Not sure anyone have reserved one? If so, any response?

Good competition for both 3 and Y in terms of price.

Checked the UK forum no relevant threads related to it other than few in US forum.

If you need further information:
www.fiskerinc.com
There is an update for both US and EU markets. Hopefully we will get there soon.

Hopefully they send someone knowledgeable to the stand at the Charged Live event, as it would be useful to hear what they have planned here in terms of distribution and service network.

I don't expect we'll see any RHD version until late 2024 at the earliest. Then again Tesla don't seem to be in a hurry making any more RHD model S and X these days either.

Will be interesting to see what Porsche do with the new Macan EV, it’s also looking very promising and may arrive sooner.
It was good to see and sit in this at the show last weekend. Of all things, the boot was much smaller, certainly than the X, that I had envisaged.

Placing it next to the much larger Eletre was interesting to compare the cars (quite radically different).

It was good to see and sit in this at the show last weekend. Of all things, the boot was much smaller, certainly than the X, that I had envisaged.
It was much smaller than I expected, all round. I’ve seen plenty of review videos of it so shouldn’t have been surprised, but it felt considerably smaller than a Model Y, inside and outside. Not a bad thing at all, just not how I thought it would be.

It was much smaller than I expected, all round. I’ve seen plenty of review videos of it so shouldn’t have been surprised, but it felt considerably smaller than a Model Y, inside and outside. Not a bad thing at all, just not how I thought it would be.
That's interesting. I'm looking to go to the Fisker because I want a bigger car than the M3P. Would you say the internal cabin and boot space is comparable to an M3P, bigger/smaller?