Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker Surf (Karma wagon)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's what it sounds like to me. "Rear roof-mounted solar panel" would only makes sense for the Surf. So Autoblog probably screwed up with the standard blogger miscommunication. I actually read through several blogs and got a lot of conflicting information. The best I could find was this which appears to be directly from a Fisker press release: http://car-gallery.info/blog/car-press-release/fisker-surf-at-2011-frankfurt-iaa/

So seems it's not really slide back and open like a sunroof. Just tilts open as a vent.
This is the best shot of the roof I could find http://www.autoblog.com/photos/fisker-surf-shooting-brake/full/#photo-4437498/

I have no idea how this functions. Does it left that entire front section at the rear? or is it segmented? I don't think that any of the roof is transparent or is that just a trick of the lights?

According to Parker's this is already using a BMW engine.

Frankfurt 2011: Top 10 green cars - Parkers
Well, yes and no, I think. The Surf is probably not going to be available for a couple years. By then the Karma is supposed to be using the Nina drivetrain which the BMW engine is for. So the likely plan is to use the BMW engine when the Surf actually becomes available. But right now, this Surf prototype is definitely just using the Karma drivetrain with the GM engine. In fact you can see and hear it in the video posted above.

This is the best shot of the roof I could find http://www.autoblog.com/photos/fisker-surf-shooting-brake/full/#photo-4437498/

I have no idea how this functions. Does it left that entire front section at the rear? or is it segmented? I don't think that any of the roof is transparent or is that just a trick of the lights?
It just lifts a couple inches at that seam in the middle of the photo.

fisker-surf-live-60.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
EV ER? This is an ICE right?
Yeah. I think "we" lost that battle. Anything with an electric motor on-board is calling themselves an EV these days.
Using their logic, we might as well call all cars EVs because you can put an old gas car in gear, and limp along at 1MPH on the starter motor for a couple hundred feet. Then you start the "ranger extender" gas engine to get up to neighborhood speeds.

You may have better luck separating vehicles into "ZEV" and "non-ZEV" categories.

Yeah. I think "we" lost that battle. Anything with an electric motor on-board is calling themselves an EV these days.
Using their logic, we might as well call all cars EVs because you can put an old gas car in gear, and limp along at 1MPH on the starter motor for a couple hundred feet. Then you start the "ranger extender" gas engine to get up to neighborhood speeds.

You may have better luck separating vehicles into "ZEV" and "non-ZEV" categories.
Also, with their logic, every car/truck with a block heater can be a plug in.:tongue:

jeez!,

It's a 100,000 dollar car. They are selling like a $100,000 proton accelerator or similar piece of industrial equipment with 10 worldwide customers. Where is Herrick when it comes to approving prosumer footage of his 2nd child?