Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker throws down the gauntlet to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Henrik-Fisker-2016-picture-with-his-Wikipedia-entry-headshot-220x300.jpg

Henrik Fisker announced plans to relaunch his electric vehicle efforts three years after a bankruptcy with his company making high-priced cars that were popular with celebrities. Fisker's announcement revived his long-standing rivalry with Tesla as he promised a premium, all-electric successor to his 2012 Fisker Karma "with a patented battery that will deliver a significantly longer life and range than any battery currently on the market."

Fisker throws down the gauntlet to Tesla | Business | DW.COM | 05.10.2016

I wonder if he will make more than 2000 cars before going bankrupt this time. I saw a Fisker Karma on the road this week--the first one I have seen in a long time.

How many Tesla beaters/competitors have been announced--must be at least a dozen.

Watching someone else grab the brass ring when you too were once on that merry go round can have a profound effect on some people. It is especially true when that person has a sizable ego. I suspect HF sees himself as partially responsible for Tesla's success and defines himself as a success based on that footing. It is sad and delusional.