Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker throws down the gauntlet to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The man knows how to style a car, the karma looked good, the problem is that's all that was good about it.

I agree. That makes it soooo sad. Fisker also designed the best-looking Aston Martin ever. The Vantage V8.
Also Aston's most successful GT racer ever.

kw_640.jpg

Henrik Fisker announced plans to relaunch his electric vehicle efforts three years after a bankruptcy with his company making high-priced cars that were popular with celebrities. Fisker's announcement revived his long-standing rivalry with Tesla as he promised a premium, all-electric successor to his 2012 Fisker Karma "with a patented battery that will deliver a significantly longer life and range than any battery currently on the market."

Fisker throws down the gauntlet to Tesla | Business | DW.COM | 05.10.2016

It's interesting to "throw down the gauntlet" when all you can offer is a 3d rendering of a sword and a very nasty threat that you will make it out of the best steel that has ever been forged.

It's a sensationalistic title / story designed to get attention.

Tesla challenged the ICE status quo and rocked the automotive world. It's hard to imagine it so early in the EV game, but wouldn't it be interesting if one day Tesla became the status quo to be challenged? I raise an eyebrow regarding whether it will be Fisker with their 'patented' battery, but who knows. Something better has to be designed sometime and competition is good for the consumer, right? Best of luck to Fisker (truly). Meanwhile, we'll be driving the best EV in the world.

It's interesting to "throw down the gauntlet" when all you can offer is a 3d rendering of a sword and a very nasty threat that you will make it out of the best steel that has ever been forged.

"Our next EV will be made entirely of Valyrian steel, and powered by revolutionary wildfire fuel cells !"

* Dragonwing drivetrain not included

You all are being too rough on the man. The biggest mistake that Fisker made so far as I could tell was that the car was a hybrid. BIG MISTAKE. They had a lot of rough luck, Sandy included.

He is back and wants to talk trash about his electric car from Heaven. I say Terrific! Bring it. Awesome news. I wish you the best. 99% of the car market is out there for you to grab. Now go get it!

Tesla has nothing to fear. The legacy car makers on the other hands... well a glacier did take out the Titanic. But I do not know how well a glacial pace will do in the 21st century automotive world. Thought it was all bout speed and acceleration baby!

Would LOVE to see a killer Fisker. Or whatever the new company is called.

They have the battery pack all sorted out for BES.

But are not selling it?

They are in the middle of validating battery pack for automotive purposes but will launch the Model S competitor next year?

That is f'n nuts.

The ~250 bugs on the Fisker Karma are going to be a fond memory for Henrik.

This all seems really half baked.