Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker vows to beat Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It should be about increasing the market. Not grabbing a market share. I love Tesla as a great company that continues to improve. The Model S is a revelation that is still (after over a year) simply a joy to drive. I'm open to any clean, efficient, reasonably priced technology that isn't oil. Right now Tesla is on track for the reasonably priced part. Electric driving is simply the best solution right now. It's just better in so many ways. My goal is still to convince people of this and increase the market. If Fisker (or anyone) wants to compete, they should focus on the millions of people that don't know how much better EV's are not little 'ol Tesla.

Call it bravado... or call it coat-tail marketing. Watch for (hidden) Chinese gov assistance, watch for infringement. Competitors come in all forms.

Reminds me of the phone/tablet wars - Samsung ripping ideas from Apple - throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Competition is good, but how many can truly innovate (1st principles), or will they just copy - changing only 10% (to skirt patent law in the courtroom )? Which is cheaper - time, research, teams of people in real innovation, testing, and development? Or reverse engineering/copy existing technology, getting to market (gen sales quickly), see what you get away with, and fight later with courtroom battles?

Tesla will soon have to start spending big bucks (think team of lawyers) to protect it patents.

Calling on all would-be competitors -- Be honorable, do the right thing, be proud, and create your own innovation. Let the competition be real! Bring us something new, different, better.

Last edited: